Whole Foods Market - Santa Monica

• Health Store
Contact 310-395-4510

500 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, California, USA, 90401

Part of chain of natural food supermarket. Large size store. Has deli, juice bar, salad bar, vitamins, supplements, natural care products, fresh organic produce, and more. Parking lot provided.

First Review by SynthVegan

Lovely, Large Whole Foods - Edit

Some good vegan options, and we're relieved they brought back the separate area for hot vegan food. It could use more variety, though.

Pros: Super-easy parking in lot or street, friendly staff

Great Store - Edit

This used to Wild Oats Markets, located in a convenient Santa Monica area with parking onsite. The store is quite large and stocks most of everything. There is also a deli, salad bar, coffee, and juice bar. We shop here whenever we're in the area, and once in a while I like to get a vegan muffin or a fresh squeezed juice. The outside sitting area is great for eating a quick meal from the deli. Too bad that Wild Oats has been bought out by Whole Foods Market... oh well.

Pros: large space, many choices, has juice bar

smaller Whole Foods - Edit

Since I was in the area anyways, I decided to stop in since it was convenient. The parking lot is rather small, but I went on a weekday afternoon, so there was no problem getting a spot. Overall, the store is on the small side. I had to carefully look at everything so as not to pass anything by. The produce and deli are on each side of the meat section, so it's pretty impossible to avoid and they were playing a video on how well they treat the animals they kill. There were also signs about raising them with care. I was very upset having to see that "humane" nonsense and maybe I haven't noticed similar displays at the larger stores since the area usually is easier to avoid. As for the rest of the store, it seemed to have the basic vegan items, but not everything. For example, I could not find any Daiya. The bakery cabinet had no vegan items noted and no pizzas for sale by slice were marked vegan. I did see a couple of sandwiches on the board however. Due to the small size, I was able to get through fairly quickly and maybe it's convenient for those who live nearby, but I don't plan to return to this location although the staff were very friendly.

Pros: a little of everything, friendly staff

Cons: small parking lot and store, sells meat, dairy and eggs, video and display in meat section

Smaller Whole Foods near ocean - Edit

We stop in this Whole Foods about once a month. There is free parking in back. It has a small deli, but they'll make sandwiches. Sometimes they have Vegan Sushi, too if you look in the Sushi fridge and spy the vegan sushi label you know you're in luck.

Pros: free parking

Cons: small store

WFM - Edit

I stopped by this WFM yesterday to pick up a few things. Overall I thought it was nice, again it's another medium sized store but the appeared to have many vegan items. I noticed there is more variety of vegan meats here compared to the WFM in my city. And I was impressed with their raw food section too. If you're on your way to the ocean/beach and need some snacks, stop here.

Return to Santa Monica Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market - Santa Monica closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 840 times since Aug 2007.