First Review by Caroline9999

This Whole Foods is up to date and on par - Edit

The reviews below look like this used to be a better place, but it was bustling with activity when I was there a few months ago on a short trip to Santa Fe, which was highly unimpressive... You can always count on Whole Foods to have what you need, we found Health Starts Here vegan items to fuel our journey out of Sante Fe

livin in santa fe - Edit

I live in Santa Fe and do quite a bit of shopping at Whole Foods for the Inn that I manage and for personal shopping. The management has been very willing to accommodate vegan needs, such as vegan burritos made in the deli to order, sandwiches, and the deli to go has some wonderful sweet chile tofu, veggies and an acai kale salad that is a favorite. They have the might o's donuts now and many other items in the protein bar sections, non-dairy area and organic soy yogurts, etc. I do agree that you need to read your labels and know where your items are coming from, but feel I need to do that at any store.

Pros: Staff Great!, can be $$$$

Cons: one soup vegan, read your labels

Few vegan items - Edit

I have to agree with the reviewer below that this location has very few vegan items. We were here on vacation and I was expecting much more based on all the other locations I've ever been to. There were only a couple of vegan items in the deli cases and they were only okay, not great. In general, the store carried some vegan items like Tofutti and Daiya, but it was way less than I'm used to. Perhaps this is normal for stores outside of major cities, but I was disappointed considering I often frequent Whole Foods on vacation in order to get lunch and dinner options.

Pros: easy to locate and park at

Cons: few vegan items, sells meat, dairy and eggs

Not as veg friendly as it could be - Edit

Whole Foods started out as a largely vegetarian store. Now it is overflowing with animal products. They listen only briefly to the public ie banning Horizon until the storm blew over, now it's right back on the shelves. They put chickenstock in soups that otherwise would be vegetarian. They brag about having cage free eggs, when many of us know that cage free is not at all humane or cruelty free.
Whole Foods is expensive, trendy, and profit driven. They support many cruel practices toward animals by virtue of the products they carry.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Some hard to find gourmet items

Cons: Cruel, not vegan friendly

Return to Santa Fe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 734 times since Aug 2007.