Whole Foods Market

• Health Store
Contact 407-355-7100

8003 Turkey Lake Rd, Phillips Crossing, Orlando, Florida, USA, 32819

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli, hot foods and salad bar, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, coffee bar, and more.

First Review by happycowgirl

Big - Edit

This is the big Whole Foods in Orlando, built after the Winter Park location became very popular and successful. I lived right around the corner from the Winter Park location and did the majority of my shopping there, but if I couldn't get what I wanted there, I came down here. I'd say I went to this location once or twice a month, just for the larger selection to get different things every now and then. Overall, it's a pretty standard Whole Foods with the same product selection as most other larger Whole Foods around the country with the exception of the local selections.

Go for the Juice Bar - Edit

This Whole Foods location has a juice bar up front. It's at the far entrance next to the flowers and produce. I went here 3 times during my Orlando trip and each time the juice/smoothie I had was to die for. They make it fresh right in front of you. There's a two-page drink menu to choose from. Each time I went there was a line. You put in your drink order, then the dude tells you it will be ready in 5, 10 or 15 minutes (depending) and to check back then to pick it up. If you pre-pay, save your receipt for a quick, no-hassles pick up.

skip the hot food bar and go directly to bakery - Edit

Got the hot/cold bar. Many of the items are vegan/veg. Clearly marked, and easy to find. Tried almost all of the vegan items. Most were bland and not anything I would want again. Suprisingly 4 out of the 6 soups were vegan, but it was too hot to get soup so I skipped it. Went to the bakery and they had several cakes and desserts that were vegan. AMAZING carrotcake cupcake. My husband, son and I all split it because it was large. Also got a vegan chocolate cupcake which was average. The hot/cold bar is overpriced for tasteless tofu and terrible risotto. Better off by skipping the bar and heading directly to the bakery.
FYI the produce section had limited selection, and mostly out of country produce.

Pros: selection of foods, lots of seating, quick

Cons: hot bar, no local produce

The Perfect Place to Shop - Edit

To Shop I have to say that I love Publix now don't get me wrong, however sometimes publix just doesn't have what you need as a vegan or vegetarian. They have a lot of fresh produce and things however "Green Wise" just doesn't fulfill the need of all the specific foods you would want or need. Whole foods offers the types of things that complete your diet needs.

Now to eat! Man they have this buffet style set up where you can get food and are charged by the weight, which could add up but if you are good at it you can get a variety and not pay too much. BUT the best part is the custom pizzas and things they can make for you at the Whole Foods on Sandlake. I was amazed and they will make it vegan for you! Amazing! :) Try it, I don't think you will be dissappointed. :)

Pros: Huge Selection, Every Walk of Life, All of you needs

Cons: Somewhat Expensive

Standard Whole Foods location - Edit

This is your average, awesome Whole Foods. It's not huge like the one in London or the Lincoln Park location in Chicago with a bunch of restaurants inside, but they get the job done with a great selection and helpful staff. Four salad bars with a decent selection of vegan items. Lots of local items I haven't seen at other Whole Food locations. Excellent selection of organic fruits and vegetables.

Crowded, free parking in lot outside. Also, I found this location to be the easiest to access from Disney World. It is right off of I-4.

Return to Orlando Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2574 times since Jun 2010.