Whole Foods Market

• Health-food-store Health Store

3682 Bel Aire Plaza, Napa, California, USA, 94558

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli and hot food bars, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and much more. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm.

First Review by Tatiana

Whole Foods Limited Vegan Options - Edit

Upon arriving in Napa in 2011, I was disappointed by the vegan offerings compared to the other Whole Foods I’ve shopped in nationwide. I made an effort to speak to managers and over the next couple years saw great improvements. These improvements even included the hot bar, deli, burrito bar & Bakery. After talking to the Manager a few times, I even got them to make vegan pizzas using Miyoko’s mozzarella & vegan pepperoni. They featured a famous Chef’s recipes which included several excellent vegan additions to the hot bar. Things were really coming together well! But by 2016, that all began to change. Vegan options began disappearing from the prepared foods area & the hot bar/deli became a vegan waste land. Nothing on the hot bar was correctly labeled. The vegan macaroons were removed from the bakery with no explanation. Then when Amazon took over recently the vegan meat, cheese and yogurt began disappearing off the shelves & were never restocked. I noticed on my last visit that the meat/cheese section was moved to the back of the store & shrunk in size considerably. The hot bar & deli are a disgrace now. Without saying a word, Whole Foods essentially has told us vegans to leave & don’t bother coming back. Just like that they took a loyal WF customer for the last 12 years and told me they no longer wanted my business. At the peak, I shopped this store 2 or 3 times a week. Now it has dropped to 2 or 3 times a month.

Updated from previous review on 2017-12-05

Pros: convenient location, near other shopping

Cons: parking lot is ALWAYS busy, lots of vegan junk food, many vegan options gone, Vegan options on the hot bar & deli are subpar

Finally a reasonably close location! - Edit

The closest location so far, opened last week. Being in Napa, it has a huge deli/bakery/preprepared foods section. It was gigantic. There is a coffee bar, cold deli, hot deli, taqueria, pizza, bakery, specialty chocolates, sushi, and a large by the pound self serve hot/cold deli bar. On Saturday night this section was totally packed. I got the self serve hot/cold deli bar, where there was an awesome vegan Indian style burrito (garbanzo beans and rice in a tortilla). The store also had a large wine section with wine tasting (I did not go through it, so I'm not sure how many vegan alcohol choices they had). Also, one side of the store was a large natural body section. Definitely a standard Whole Foods market, with some nice touches to appeal to a lot of the local population who would shop at this type of market.

Pros: Only 30 minute drive, Huge preprepared food section

Cons: meat section, can be very expensive

Return to Napa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1903 times.