Whole Foods Market - Mt Washington

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 410-532-6700

1330 Smith Ave, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, 21209

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli and hot food bars, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and much more. Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm

First Review by groovyvegan

Small compared to other Whole Foods - Edit

I've been to other locations that were much more expansive than this, especially in terms of the ready-made food area. The one at this location is pretty lacking, and not really worth the price. That being said, I still go out of my way to shop here because I love Whole Foods. It's a small space and the aisles get crowded, so try to go during off hours.

Oh, and the bakery is pretty good. I haven't really tried the bakery at any other Whole Foods stores though.

Pros: All natural, Good value on shelf items, Great for special diets

Cons: Expensive conventional produce, Cramped space, Bad value on ready-made items

Good vegan options in general - Edit

I tend not to get salad bar or prepared food items in general and have not even tried to get these items at this Whole Foods, so I can't speak to what has been said in the previous reviews. However, I shop at this Whole Foods often and definitely feel like there are tons of vegan options in general... non-refridgerated, refridgerated, and frozen stuff galore! Once in a while I catch a fabulous deal on a vegan item (e.g. $3 off vegan pizza!).

Pros: good vegan options in general

Cons: expensive (like all WF's)

Whole Foods in Baltimore = I'm happy - Edit

While I agree with the previous reviewer, I must add that the local vegan products sold at this Whole Foods are YUM. I still find plenty of vegan stuff that satisfied at the hot and salad bar. Also, thank goodness for vegan muffins and cookies at the bakery! (not that I get them upon every visit...)

Pros: local vegan food, comfortable size, in a cool location

Cons: tiny bulk aisle, not a lot of vegan stuff

Dismal hot- and cold foods bars for vegans - Edit

I've been to a number of Whole Foods Markets in 4 states, and this one is the most dismal for vegans, if you want to go to the hot- or cold foods bar and eat in. Vegan items are often made non-vegan or non-vegetarian, for example the tofu dish has cream, and the red beans and rice contains pork. Salad dressings are not labelled with the ingredients. And pasta items don't specify whether there is dairy or eggs.

The prepared foods section, however, has several decent vegan offerings including lentil burgers. And their reduced-fat vegan chocolate mousse is delicious. None of the ready-made sandwiches are vegan. They used to carry a vegan vegetable sandwich, but no longer.

The produce section has a much smaller selection of organic produce than other Maryland grocers including Roots Market and Wegmans.

Pros: X-lint Vegan Choc. Mousse

Cons: Vegan unfriendly sal. bar, Vegan unfriendly hot bar

Return to Baltimore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market - Mt Washington closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1145 times since Aug 2007.