First Review by Chandra

Whole Foods is my Market - Edit

I perfer to grow my own fruits and veggies but when I need to pick up anything Whole Foods is my one and only choice to go. It may cost a little bit more but can you really put a price on your health.

Read everything. - Edit

There were cupcakes that had a sticker that said vegan. I thought I hit the jackpot considering I don't find many. Then just cause I'm vegan and I read lables of everything. I notice it said milk! I went up to the people behind the counter in that food section and told them what it said. She was like okay and someone right away took all of them off the self. Everyone was stamped stating it was vegan and containing milk. Mostly everything seems to be made with enriched flour including the cupcakes. I'm asuming the flour is made with vegan vitamins? I didn't think about it till later. I wont eat it anyway. Then another problem I over heard someone trying samples and he said there was meat in the food that the signs must be mixed up. She was like no this is this one. He was like I haven't eaten meat in like 7 years I think it was and theres meat in it. So now I don't by the cooked foods there. Other wise I mean everyone usually is nice. The parking gets crowded but there is parking in the back. But yeah I love whole foods because I can find things that health food stores don't have. It isn'y huge but they still have a lot of things considering.

Pros: Nice selection, friendly staff

Cons: Mislabled, Parking

Supplies to eat a well rounded vegan diet - Edit

Everyone asks whether I am getting all of the nutrition I need and Whole Foods certainly helps supply what I need to be a healthy vegetarian. They also have a lot for people with restricted diets (celiacs, allergies, etc.) and often list out ingredients clearly so that you can stay away from ingredients you don't want. The baking section can supply you with a way to make those cupcakes recipes in "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World." The Whole Foods in West Orange (near Eagle Rock) is much larger (rivals NYC) and it is only 2 miles away. The deli in Montclair has a nice selection, but the one in West Orange is massive with various types of ethnic cuisine sections.

Pros: Large Qty of Supplies, Healthy and special diet

Cons: Expensive

Return to Montclair Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.