First Review by Siup

A landmine of unlabeled GMOs - Edit

There were vegan options in the salad- and hot foods bars, but most were laced with unlabeled GMOs: soy oil and/or canola oil. For the vegan who avoids GMOs, the pickings were awfully slim: mostly just the organic section of the salad bar, plain rice, and plain steamed vegetables. One night they also had yam halves. Virtually every vegan prepared salad (rice salad, bean salads, etc.) and hot foods option (e.g. samosas) had soy oil and/or canola oil.

FWIW, a previous review mentioned vegan pizza. I looked at the pizza section and there was not a single vegan pizza. Perhaps they make them on special order?

One thing I would typically like about this store is that it contains a juice and smoothie bar with mostly vegan offerings. However, rather than juice the fruits and vegetables when you order them, they've all been juiced ahead of time, and mixed together in your cup when you order them. This is time-saving for them, but less nutritious for the customer, as oxidation has occurred. These juices are expensive: $10 and up for 16 ounces.

I would go to this Whole Foods if I were staying nearby (such as at the Courtyard Marriott across the street), but would not go out of my way for it.
Updated from previous review on Friday February 26, 2016

Pros: Vegan Options

Cons: Unlabeled GMOs

Best vegan pizza I had! - Edit

Their vegan pizza is soooooooo delicious! I went there with omnivore friends and we shared a big vegan pizza. They said: it's much better than the non-vegan pizza! So true! The supermarket offers a lot of great vegan food, it's a place you want to visit if you are vegan

Pros: vegan pizza , lots of vegan food

Return to Miami Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.