Whole Foods Market

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 808-872-3310

70 Kaahumanu Ave (at Hana Hwy, Central Maui), Kahului, Hawaii, USA, 96732

Part of chain of natural foods supermarket. Offers natural grocery, vitamins and supplements, juice bar, deli and hot foods, fresh produce including organic, environmentally friendly cleaning and body products, and much more. Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm

First Review by gr8vegan

Free wifi and good hot food bar - Edit

I love this place. I drove over from Kihei multiple times because I love Whole Foods so much. This one didn't have the best selection when I compare it with Phoenix or Seattle but I still loved it and found pretty well everything I could need. I loved that a lot of the produce was locally grown. Seriously, locally grown, organic macadamia nuts? Yes please! I found the liquor section a little bigger than it needed to be because the store wasn't as large as other Whole Foods but I also don't drink so those sections always seem large to me. Decent frozen section with things I haven't seen at other locations was nice too. A welcome addition for anyone travelling and staying in a place with a kitchen to cook all your own food.

Pros: Lots of vegan products, Free wifi, Decent hot food bar

Cons: A little expensive, Not as good selection as other locations

Walking distance from cruise pier - Edit

As a vegan cruise visitor to Kahului, Whole Foods Market was a welcome sight. I wish that I hoarded more vegan desserts to keep in my room, but during this single visit I picked up a wonderful cauliflower salad from the deli and a comforting vegan fruit turnover pastry.

Pros: prepared foods have ingredient labels, can sample prepared foods at deli

Cons: expensive

Large selections; more expensive than mainland US - Edit

I had first stopped here on a previous trip to Maui in 2010 and was just here again in December 2012. Here's my Whole Foods Kahului reivew.

It's large, well-lit, and fancy market with many selections of everything one could possibly want... typical of Whole Foods. The prices here is more expensive than at the Whole Foods on mainland US.

In the prepared foods area, there is a salad bar, hot food bar, deli, a stations making sandwiches, burrito, and pizza. You can eat your food at the tables provided inside at the front of the store. Many tables.

An example of the price difference is the hot foods bar. In Los Angeles area, the hot food bar costs $7.99 per pound (2012 rate). In Kahului it's $8.99 per pound.

My only complaint, besides the prices, would be that most of the fresh fruit and vegetable are imported from mainland US or Chile and not enough local produce. Nonetheless, it's Whole Foods and you can rely on it to get anything you need.

Whole Foods - Edit

I was quite happy when I found this Whole Foods, particularly when it came to the hot bar. I couldn't tell what I got exactly, as I put everything marked as vegan in my container. Although I can tell you that it all was tasty. I also got a ginger carrot soup that was really good...and that's coming from someone that doesn't really care for that type of soup. I hope to stop back in again during my trip to Maui.

one of the the best whole foods! - Edit

There are a few local natural foods storess, they are great, this whole foods is just beyond amazing. The vegan items are on par with the best whole foods on the planet. They have a several vegan stations for mexican, pizza, vegan sandwich menu, vegan apple turnovers, the list goes on and on. Make this your stop to fill up right when you get off the plane!

Pros: massive vegan selection

Return to Kahului Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1043 times since Apr 2010.