Whole Foods Market

• Health Store
Contact 818-548-3695

331 N Glendale Ave, Glendale, California, USA, 91206

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli and hot food bars, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and much more. Open daily.

First Review by dollydlux

upgraded from last visit - Edit

it seems they have really improved the hot bar/deli area. I had a really bad sandwich maker today, but I improvised and grabbed some tomato basil fat free sauce from the salad bar and had him put it on my custom veggie. I hate when they don't put down paper and try to cut the sandwich on the dirty counter where they slice animal products. I had to get the guy to toss my bread. They need a lesson in cross contamination...

Pros: fresh redesign

New Vegan Hot Bar!!! - Edit

Hey guys- just wanted to let you know that at the Whole Foods in Glendale we have opened a new Vegan hot bar. Always a grain, a legume, steamed veggies, a green, and some fancier entrees. Yesterday we had tempeh meatloaf, brown rice, black-eyed peas, steamed collard greens, pesto polenta portabello mushroom stacks, black bean, corn and quinoa stuffed bell peppers, and orange cashew rice. There is also a cold side that had some crazy yummy bhutanese red rice salad with tofu and mango, a couple of vegan salad dressings to complement our salad bar, and a cilantro pesto tofu. It is sold 7.99 per pound and a nice plate of food averages around 5-6 bucks. Come check it out and show some support! I really want it to succeed and then other locations will implement it too! I want Whole Foods to be a Health food store again. I'm also trying to get Heinz 57 ketchup kicked out of there (high fructose corn syrup AND corn syrup) so leave a comment card about how great the vegan hot bar is and how much you detest HFCS in your ketchup! Thanks guys-can't wait to see you there!

Pros: vegan hot bar, great parking, friendly staff

Cons: can be overwhelming, a little pricey

Return to Glendale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 626 times since Aug 2007.