Whole Foods Market - Fairfax

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 323-964-6800

6350 W 3rd St (at Fairfax), Los Angeles, California, USA, 90036

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and more. Next door is their lifestyle products & clothing store. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm. Open daily.

First Review by Sonja and Dirk

hmm - Edit

I always come here to get my vegan pepper jack sliced cheese and chickenless nuggets... They have lots of other vegan foods but those are my main items... As far as the hot food section welllll... The last few times I went they were out of vegan pizza and burgers so I don't really bother going to that section really... I'll just stick to the veggie grill

Bigger than WeHo location - Edit

This store is much larger than the one in WeHo. I thought the selection was a bit wider. Location was nice as well, right at The Grove with a lot of shopping and dining options.

Pros: location

Good enough - Edit

This Whole Foods Market location is a moderate size, though smaller than the giant one I usually shop at in Venice. I just wasn't as impressed by the layout - it just seemed more cramped. Whole Foods Venice has "spoiled" me, I guess. Anyhow, was just here in October and here's my review for happycow.

The sane thing about this location is that while this area of town is highly traffic and congested, one can find parking and can enjoy some food in the seating area provided (a few inside and some outside). My daughter and I sat outside and ate some lunch food without feeling rushed even though traffic was totally busy on the street on 3rd as well as Fairfax.

Large Store - Edit

This Whole Foods is larger than the one in West Hollywood, where we went to shop for our Christmas and New Year's meals. We probably won't return to the 3rd St. location, because when we shopped there prior to Thanksgiving, my partner very much wanted Field Roast, but all they had was the frozen kind, and he wanted to buy it ready-to-eat in the deli section. (He was able to get it this way at the West Hollywood location.) Nor was he able to find a pecan pie. There was also a young child shrieking and running around in circles at the end of the frozen foods aisle, which made our shopping experience doubly unpleasant.

On the plus side, the store is large and attractive, and they do carry a number of good vegan/gluten-free items. (I do miss being able to get their peanut butter fudge.)

Large store - Edit

This is a fairly large location, especially after the remodeling. They have a nice vegan deli area set aside in a separate case. Pretty typical WF.

Pros: large store, nice vegan deli area

Cons: parking lot while large is always full, butcher counter

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market - Fairfax closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 821 times since May 2008.