Whole Foods Market

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 513-531-8015

2693 Edmondson Rd, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 45209

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli and hot food bars, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and much more. Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm Open daily.

First Review by VeganAlone

It's an option - Edit

Now I don't go here to get my shopping done. I choose to do that at my local vegan shop, Park+Vine and the farmer's market (Findlay) near my home. But this is a great option at night for dinner and snacks when me and my bae are looking for healthy, non greasy food because a lot of the healthier vegan restaurants close before 10pm. We usually go to the deli case then grab kombucha, sparkling water or green juice. The last review about sub par bakery is right on point. Actually I pretty much agreed with everything they said. Friendly staff. Many I've seen around town.

We usually get the kale salad and general tso vegan chicken.

Be careful of salad bar price. Sometimes I rack up a 15 dollar salad without meaning to.

Pros: lots of vegan options, healthy options, the general tso chicken

Cons: too much meat in there for me , bathroom smells

Obviously It's Good- It's WHOLE FOODS! - Edit

Okay...I'm vegan (duh!). I dislike going there for their prices and location, but I love their friendly staff and selection. As a grocery store- they're awesome (although some products are cheaper in Kroger- you just have to be super observant). Wanna buy (cheddar) Daiya cheese? Go to Loving Hut (it's $3.50- get a receipt- WF does price matching). WF's price for Daiya is regularly $4.99. (That's the only cheese that matters for vegans!).
Beyond Meat grilled vegan chicken strips- a new faux meat is PHENOMENAL! If you haven't tried it yet, DO IT. It's $4.99 for 3 varieties: grilled, lighly seasoned, and Southwestern. Pricey but so, so worth it! I've never had them last long enough to use them in a recipe. Often I eat them with WF's fresh baked Italian loaf (not the whole thing, but nearly). Mmmm! It's a guilty indulgence.
Their vegan bakery selection and quality is sub-par. The cupcakes taste like a mixture of Play-Doh and plastic. Their muffins, the one scone they offer, and cookies (most of which are their plastic cream squeezed in between two graham crackers) are meh. Fresh baked breads- divine (make sure you ask which ones are vegan).
On Tuesdays, they have BOGO pizzas, which they can custom make (vegan options abound). It's worth it- if you remember. Oh, and the pizzas are HUGE, so ask them to cut the pies in half, or clear out your freezer.
Overall, Whole Foods is a great place to go, but know alternative places for vegan hair/skin/beauty supplies (often Kroger is cheaper) and brand name products (Silk, Tofutti, Daiya, etc.). Check out Kroger's dusty natural foods sections first! :D

Oh, and if they could bottle just the smell, they'd make millions! I absolutely love how their stores smell- they smell like real food. Delicious!

Bt-dubs, they have THE BEST gluten-free pasta (quality and price).

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Quality/consistency in service, Extensive/fresh food selection

Cons: Expensive, Bakery is sup-par: selection, quality, Overpriced natural body section

Return to Cincinnati Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 661 times since Jul 2011.