Whole Foods Market - Telegraph Ave

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 510-649-1333

3000 Telegraph Ave, Berkeley, California, USA, 94705

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli and hot food bars, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and much more. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm. Open daily.

First Review by xtribalx

Decent Whole Foods - Edit

Since I was already in Berkeley, I decided to stop off at Whole Foods to do some grocery shopping. It is on the corner of Ashby and Telegraph, so there was quite a bit of traffic, and parking was not too fun (well at least there was a parking lot, lol). The store had your basic stuff available at Whole Foods, I did notice a slightly larger selection of refrigerated mock meats, but fewer frozen mock meats, than at other locations. There were some neat new things I hadn't seen at other locations. The preprepared and deli areas are smaller than other stores I've been to. This store is just fine as far as Whole Foods go, if it was my local shop I'd go there (although there are lots of other options if you live in Berkeley, but since I don't live there I'm not sure what is available at all the other places). The two negatives I'd say were that the store is overall fairly cramped, and that the checker forgot to give me my credit for bringing my own bags (although my friend got hers at another checker). So not major drawbacks, overall a good experience.

Pros: some new foods, good selection, fresh produce

Cons: cramped space, forgot bag credit

great place for vegan desserts - Edit

I am disappointed that they do not have a wide selection of vegan food in the deli, however they have a wide selection of vegan cakes including:vegan german choco cake, vegan carrot cake, vegan choco mousse cake, vegan raspberry cake, vegan vanilla bean cake, vegan banana cake, and vegan mint cake, as well as vegan choco cupcake. Amaing.

Pros: great food, wide selection of vegan desserts, delicious salad bar

Cons: meat/dairy oriented deli, some seitan dishes containing animal pro

eh... - Edit

I am really not too impressed by this Whole Foods. The Petaluma location is much more friendly and tends to have better vegan options for their
deli. No soy cheese in their deli, unlike Santa Rosa's location. Very rarely do I eat any of the prepared foods at this Whole Foods, Im generally always disappointed and feel like I wasted my money (as well as the time I spent waiting for my number to be called). Some of the staff is polite but I have had many experiences with rude cashiers at this location. I will still go here for the bare necessities but as
faw as other Whole Foods go, I really do not enjoy coming here.

Return to Berkeley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market - Telegraph Ave closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 903 times since Aug 2007.