First Review by vegansophie24

Well known store, pretty good - Edit

Most people have heard of this chain of stores. I shop here alot. I personally wish they'd have more organic produce & products though. They haven't made that commitment. They do have alot of organic produce though so I do find alot of what I want. They have food you can buy and eat in the store (they have tables), but I've never done that so I can't comment on this aspect. I don't eat meat, but they sell alot of meat. Sometimes the whole store kind of smells a little bit like a fish market lol but whatever. I've ordered some bulk cases of stuff and they were efficient about that. I like their house brand of tomato sauce & apple sauce.

Okay Market - Edit

Bend's store is mid-size to smallish, so selection is pretty limited. The prices are high. There's a small cafe inside the store. The selection of non-food items (like clothing, candles, etc) is very limited which is disappointing. Cashiers have a bit of an attitude. I only shop here for specialty items because of the high expense. Wish the store had a more welcoming attitude. I do like that they have a free snack choice (apple, banana) for children under 12 to eat while shopping and they do offer lots of free samples to let you have a taste of something before you buy, which are great features. I have been in much better Whole Foods Markets in California for selection. If you want healthy items for a good price, though, shop at Trader Joe's in Bend.

Pros: specialty items, samples

Cons: price, some snobby attitudes

less selection all the time - Edit

I notice more and more vegan/gluten free products disappearing from here all the time. The cafeteria area is useless as the vegetarian items are in the same cases as meat items (and probably prepared on the same surfaces) allowing for cross contamination. I would not think of touching any of their prepped food unless they started keeping it in a completely separate section.

Cons: continue to have a reduced quality selection, cross contamination of prepped food, higher prices than you would find elsewhere

Return to Bend Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 840 times since Aug 2007.