First Review by Robinwomb

good coop - Edit

good coop that I almost always stop at when visiting duluth. the prepared food section always has vegan items both hot and cold. almost always vegan baked goods as well. nice produce and bulk section too. nice views of the lake in the dining section.

Pros: easy parking, vegan options

Cons: typical coop prices

Decent - Edit

Let me say first that I am grateful that the city I live in has a Whole Foods Coop. And even better, a second location is coming in 2016 that is closer to home! I appreciate that this store has hard to find vegan items like nutritional yeast flakes, buckwheat groats, millet, soba noodles without egg, Vegannaise, Flaxseed milk, Daiya cheeses, Beyond Meat products, Field Roast, vegan friendly breads, large size SoDelicious Coconut yogurt, and of course a nice variety of bulk and produce items. I do find that this store is a bit crowded and always very very busy and parking can be a challenge at times unless you cycle or walk there. The second location is much needed! In comparison to other whole Foods coops I have visited both in Minnesota and out of state, I feel this store lacks in vegan friendly options compared to others. Yesterday I was in Ashland and visited their coop and I couldn't believe how many more vegan items I found there. They had a whole rainbow of Daiya and SoDelicious products that Duluth didn't have, and more vegan yogurt choices for example, in addition to all the foods that the Whole Foods coop in Duluth has. Customer service for the most part has been great but I have had a few negative experiences with not so friendly staff too. Overall I think it is a nice store with plant friendly local options, though sometimes pricey. I tend to shop there only once or twice each month as my budget allows and usually for rarity items I can't find elsewhere or as a convenience factor for locally grown fresh produce if I can't get to a farmers market.

Pros: Local fresh produce, Has some hard to find vegan items

Cons: crowded, Small for a city the size of Duluth

Return to Duluth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Community Co-op closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.