First Review by beelover

great co op - Edit

Lots of variety. A lot of good vegan brands I can't find in my usual places. From the fresh section, I tried the cashew cheese which was amazing and got some vegan donuts - also very good! The place seemed well run, clean, and super friendly

Great Cafe and Store - Edit

I have long loved the Erie Whole Foods Co-op. They have an all vegetarian cafe with lots of soups, pizzas, wraps, burgers, etc. All can be made vegan. The wraps are delicious.

Pros: Everything can be made vegan, Under $10, Friendly service

Cons: Located inside a grocery store

Better than Wholefoods - Edit

If I lived in Erie I would join this co-op before doing anything else. Apart from having within it the superb "Fresh Horizon's Cafe," this is a Whole Foods better than any other that I have visited. It has that communal, co-op type feel, stocking a range of products that you probably won't find everywhere else and their local organic produce is beyond reproach.

My favourite 'find' was a bar of oatmeal soap (shaped like a hockey puck). Unfortunately I cannot remember the brand name (it is made by a small company in Washington State, if memory serves correctly) but next time I am in the area I would buy a year's supply without hesitation.

Visit this co-op - it is fantastic!

Pros: Oatmeal soap!, Cafe inside, Good selection of products and produce

diamond in the rough - Edit

This place is so good and really has no competition. My vegan family and I lived in Erie for about 10 months and I do not think we would have survived if this place was not there. We did our grocery shopping there with all of their local and organic produce and wide variety of pantry and fridge items. The cafe has some really tasty food. I love Bobby's clubhouse sandwich. Their daily hot food is also great and their soups are unbelievably good. Smoothies, not so great. My husband loves the TLT. Thank you for being there and for 10 months of delicious food and warm welcoming.

Pros: awesome cafe, good quality local organic produce, very reasonable

Cons: not open 24 hours (ha ha)

Return to Erie Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Co-op closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1725 times since Aug 2007.