Wheel of Life

Contact 949-551-8222

14370 Culver Dr Ste 2G, Irvine, California, USA, 92604

Irvine vegan restaurant operating since 1999. Serves Southeast Asian style Thai food. Most dishes feature of a soy meat plus veggies. Menu shows a photo of each food item. Has vegan cakes, soy jerky, and sometimes fried donuts. During the week at lunch time, there is a 16-inch combination steam table where you choose your food. Location is in a shopping plaza with parking. Open Tue-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Tue-Thu 4:30pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 4:30pm-9:30pm, Sat-Sun 11:30am-3:30pm, Sun 4:30pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Thai, Buffet, Take-out, Southeast Asian

First Review by Meganfrolic

It was alright - Edit

The food here is not all that great, but not too bad, i felt like it was a little to greasy, and made in bunches, kind of like a Panda Express. The staff was alright.

Pros: Large Menu

Cons: A little to greasy

Good food with a large selection - Edit

This place has a massive selection of items, all very different, so everyone in your party is sure to find something that they'll like. The staff is very attentive, to the point of making me feel rushed to make a selection at times.

The food itself is a little hit-and-miss for me, but may be more appealing to those who are familiar with the cuisine. Almost everything leaves me feeling full.

One of the Best in Orange County - Edit

We love Wheel of Life Restaurant. Even though its under new ownership, I'm so happy to see that they haven't changed the menu and all of our old favorites are still served. The former owner, Victor, who started the place used to say that people would drive from Burbank for the Satays (and I believe him!). The portions seem a tad smaller now, but the flavor and creativity that has made this place famous are still all intact. Please go and enjoy this place. Its a treasure and we are all so grateful in OC to have it. Everything on the menu is GOOOOOOD. Tom Ka Kai soup, spring rolls, Veggie chicken with gravy. All delicious. Enjoy!!

Pros: Creative vegan menu., Where else can you get vegan Thai food?

Cons: No more Victor to shake your hand and say, "Vegan , Portion size reduced under new management, but sti

lots of choices - Edit

We stopped in for a late lunch with another couple after the SoCal VegFest. As we weren't starving, we ordered mainly appetizers to share. We got the peanut satay, BBQ chicken, moo shu, tom kah kai soup, and som tom papaya salad. It was all very tasty, but a bit heavy on the vegan meats (by our choice though), so I'd order more vegetable entrees next time. The service was friendly and patient as it took awhile for us to decide and it was near their afternoon closing time. I liked that they had both Thai and Chinese choices as I really enjoy moo shu and most places in LA do not have it. We would definitely go back if in the area again.

Pros: all vegan Thai and Chinese, good service, easy parking

I don't get how the great reviews - Edit

Overpriced spring rolls deep fried with barely anything in them and no protein (2 for $7.50). the rest is history. ..see my yelp reviews

Cons: Overpriced, bad food, skimpy

Right in my own backyard - Edit

One of the best 100% vegan restaurants I have ever been to, the vegge BBQ spare ribs are amazing. And I went to Irvine High school so this place is right in my backyard

Pros: vegge BBQ spare ribs

Lunch Buffett - Edit

This is a review for the lunch Buffet:

Tried four items: Eggplant, Spicy Tofu (with mock beef?), spicy tofu in sauce, chow mein

Sauces all tasted the same, with the exception of some added spice in certain dishes.

Dishes were luke-warm, chow mein was bland.

Great to see an all-vegan restaurant and I'll always stop to support one but the food really just wasn't good. Perhaps a la carte is the way to go, although the menu is a bit heavy on processed mock-meat for my taste.

Service was terrific.

Pros: service, all-vegan

Cons: taste

Great place to take non-vegans - Edit

I first went to Wheel of Life with a group of co-workers, none of whom were vegan except myself. They want to go here all the time now! Every couple of weeks one of them will ask when we're trying to decide where to go "What about that vegan place, Wheel of Life; that was so good!" I highly recommend the lunch special. They have premade dishes available on a steam table, but they make small amounts and keep refreshing each with fresh batches. The fried rice is delicious, and I recommend the orange "chicken" and the pepper "steak", but have loved everything I've had. It's just under $10 for 3 items plus fried rice and lo mein (which is also really good.) My colleagues raved about the various curry dishes (I didn't try - I'm not so into curry) and we shared desserts, all of which were very good. Some of the desserts are not made on the premises, (we tried the tiramisu which was really good) but they have house made cakes every day. You must go to this place!

The service was very good as well.

Pros: Great value, Absolutely delicious food, Clean

Cons: Parking can suck at lunch

I love this place so much! - Edit

God I love Wheel of Life. I'm a vegan and I drag my veg/omni friends here all the time. My favorite is the sa-tay and the roti. Friends have loved their orange chicken and all the curries.

Pros: Delicious, Great selection, Friendly staff

Cons: Closed Mondays

Always the best - Edit

Hands down, the BEST place in Orange County!

Consistently delicious food, the nicest staff and great prices. Thank you for the vegan power!

Don't leave without trying their amazing Pad Thai and vegan cheesecakes :)

Pros: Tasty and delicious, Friendly and helpful staff always, Great price

Great food. Great People!!!!! - Edit

The food here is amazing. I try something different every visit and have yet to be disappointed.
The owner's are the nicest people in the world and make sure you have a great dining experience.

Pros: Quailty, Taste, Atmosphre

ADDICTING! - Edit

Wheel of Life is probably my favorite vegan restaurant. The food is never disappointing and the service is excellent as well.

I'm absolutely hooked on the orange "chicken" and the fried bananas with coconut ice cream!

Pros: All Vegan, Fast, Decent Prices

Flavorful Food - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Wheel of Life review.

The set up is old fashioned as this place has been operating for over 10 years.

The Thai food served at Wheel of Life is unlike the Thai vegan restaurants I eaten at in the greater Los Angeles area. The food here was much saucier (sweeter, more sauce) and with bold flavors. I kinda liked that, but then most of it was also a bit overwhelming. For instance the pad thai noodles we ordered was covered in a super sweet savory red sauce, unlike other pad thai I've had. There were chuncks of mockmeats, sprouts, and peanuts mixed in with the noodle.

The tom yum "meatball" noodle soup was very delicious, actually. even though it probably had more salt than I am accustomed to. The soup had a very strong lemon-tomato-Thai spices taste. The noodle that came with it was an instant noodle kind, which was exactly what I had been craving that day. The "meatballs" had bits of crunchy watercrest inside and tasted so good. This was my favorite dish here.

My husband and I were both underwhelmed by the fresh rolls. Actually if you are not a picky eater, the rolls are decent (with lettuce, thin cucumbers slices, and soy chicken strips - paired with a peanutty read sweet dipping sauce). But we wanted more... like fresh basil or mint leaves would make them "pop" (with taste) and more interesting.

The steamed buns were good but not unusual of buns one can get at any Chinese restaurant. Warm soft bread with some kind of dark greens filling.

Their lemon marble cake was very fresh and spongy. We both liked it but without the sugary lemon flavor icing. We also took away 2 kinds of their housemade soy jerky (the flat sheet kind was better than the spiral shaped ones).

Pros: photo menu, many choices, vegan cake

Cons: too saucy, old fashion interior

Great food, decent prices - Edit

This place is great. Everything I've tried here is delicious, and the prices aren't bad.

All of the info you need is pretty well covered in the restaurant description, so I'll just say that you should go here.

Pros: All-vegan, Lots of parking, Plenty of seating

great food! friendly service! 100% vegan! - Edit

Ate here for the first time today per 5 * reviews on happy cow & it didn't disappoint! Beware they are closed late afternoon btwn lunch & dinner, we dropped by just after 4p to find it closed but reopened by 430p to a steady stream of diners mostly regulars. Menu is online, all vegan, wide selection, affordable, fresh. Friendly staff. Great service. Will return soon. :-)

Pros: friendly staff, 100% vegan incl inhouse made desserts!, wide menu selection

Return to Irvine Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wheel of Life closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.