Wheatsville Food Co-op - South Austin

• Health-food-store Health Store
512-814-2888

4001 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, Texas, USA, 78704

Cooperative market providing selections in deli food, fresh produce, vitamins, supplements, bulk staples, chilled and frozen food, personal care products, natural products, and more. Deli closes at 9pm. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-11:00pm.

First Review by RunVeg

Outstanding! - Edit

Great group of people that are always happy to help. Great selection of locally grown and organic food. They support local businesses and truly love their customers. Great deals for people that are Owners. I love Wheatsville!

Pros: local and organically grown food, amazing staff, plenty of parking

Some of my favorite food in Austin, great price - Edit

The food here alone is enough reason to visit--this kitchen could run as its own restaurant, for sure. Never have I ever been this excited for grocery store food. The popcorn tofu is the best, and they'll put it in anything. Burrito, sandwich, taco, beans and rice. It just makes everything better. I'm slowly working my way through the menu, and I haven't found anything I don't like. Really convenient to grab a sandwich and some salads from the cooler and head out for a picnic. They also have the popcorn tofu on take and bake pizza for 10 bucks. Get it.

They have biscuits and gravy on the hot bar on Sundays, one of my favorite breakfast tacos in Austin, and vegan donuts on the weekends (use to have them all the time, but the Red Rabbit bakery went out of business). The vegan donuts are now done in house, and I like them just as much if not more the RR's.

The grocery store itself is okay, we usually pick up a few things here and there. It's certainly not our staple store, and it's a bit more expensive than others around. But, if there's a good sale, I'll grab some things.

Pros: AMAZING food, good breakfast tacos, Biscuits and gravy on the hot bar on Sun, Food is pretty reasonable price

Cons: Grocery store itself is a little meh, Grocery store is tad expensive

Excellent store - Edit

Great store with a bake house and food counter for made to order meals including their famous popcorn tofu. Community room where they host events like free movies. The second location of the only food co-op in Texas. Life membership is only $70.00 for an individual and they have a payment plan available. Very clean store.

Pros: bake house, 80 + % organic produce, sources local suppliers

Cons: pricey on some things, carries animal corpse pieces, carries dairy and eggs

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wheatsville Food Co-op - South Austin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.