WGT Vegetarian Fine Dining

Contact 01784454401

21 High St, Staines, South West London, England, TW18 4QY

Opened July 2015 a vegetarian restaurant serving Chinese and Asian style soups and dishes in tapas like portions. Open Mon 12:00pm-10:00pm, Wed-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Asian

First Review by Kfds15

Excellent dinner and lovely ambiance. - Edit

We were lucky to stumble upon WGT in Staines. We had the set menu for the day and were delighted by the flavors and textures of the meal. The tea egg was a real nice and tasty surprise.

Pros: very flavorful vegetarian dishes

Interesting menu - Edit

Didn't expect to find a fine dining veggie restaurant in "Ali G town" but here we are! Interesting Asian menu. I had a stir fry of green beans and Chinese olive leaves. Wut? It was a bit like spinach, those olive leaves. I don't know how they managed to flavour something as simple as green beans to taste so good! It came with some sort of buns which were sweet but somehow worked very well with it. Only wish the portion had been bigger!

Lovely Asian music playing. The place was pretty quiet too, so it was very relaxing.

Yum! - Edit

I visited WGT with my friend's North Surrey Vegetarians & Vegans group recently. I'd wanted to go for a while, and I wasn't disappointed! The food was really nice, and there're were plenty of Vegan starters and mains to choose from, and the set meals can be Vegan by having tofu instead of egg. I had the sour and spicy mushrooms, with the rice cake, and some steamed dumplings and buns (we did share things together). Some of the things were like nothing I've ever had before! For desert we had a coconut jelly type of thing-I can't remember the name!

Pros: Lovely food & lot of options, Nice decor

Cons: No Vegan wine (they're working on it), Not many Vegan deserts

A truly refreshing experience - Edit

A Green Gem in Staines ! Loved this veggie restaurant. Three of us dined there for the first time and really enjoyed the total meal experience. With it simplicity decorations, we were delighted when we were served with very fresh, clean, hearty and beautiful presented vegetarian cuisines. Frankie, the owner explained her philosophy and the story behind her creation of this plant-based kitchen. We were truly impressed and thoroughly enjoyed the tasty food & peaceful ambiance. Will certainly come back soon. Highly recommend.

Pros: Decor, Food, Services Staff

Cons: Location, Service Speed

Delicous food with plenty of vegan options - Edit

The beautiful restaurant was pretty empty when I visited, but it definitely deserves more customers! Super delicious food with lots of unusual options. It is all vegetarian and most of it is vegan. I had the menu of the day which was super tasty.

Pros: Beautiful decor, Delicious food, Plenty vegan options

Cons: Only one vegan dessert

Authentic Veggie Chinese - Edit

Great menu with a wide selection of authentic sounding Chinese dishes with a veggie twist. The owner is clearly passionate about their food and vegetarianism. The manager spent some time talking to me about my meal and tea as well as offering to give me takeout trays to keep the leftovers even though they were closing. I hope this new business does well and manages to keep going.

Pros: Unique , Great service

Cons: Vegan dishes not listed

Great flavours, lots of vegan options. - Edit

The restaurant is well designed. Very modern and clean. Lots of space. Parking close by. The food menu is little confusing but the waitress helped and was very polite. The food was very tasty and everything you tell is fresh and has amazing taste.

Pros: lots of vegan options food is delicious

Cons: little bit on the pricy side

Return to South West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has WGT Vegetarian Fine Dining closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1167 times since Nov 2015.