Weingut Feuerwehr Wagner

+43-13202442

Grinzinger Straße 53, Vienna, Austria, 1190

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Austrian food but with veggie choices like vegetable quiche, lentils loaf on salad, escalopes, rissoles, fried vegetable bags, a vegan version of the Viennese spread liptauer. Makes cakes and pastries. Menu changes constantly. Has vegan wine and desserts. Open Mon-Sun 4:00pm-12:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Austrian, Non-veg

First Review by cdg

a vegan friendly Heuriger actually exists - Edit

"Oh, are you two vegans? The vegans always study the menu very closely!", the lovely barmaid told us, proceeding to list all the vegan options for us. Turns out there are quite a few them, actually. From Schnitzel to Erdäpfelsalat to sweeter delights such as Apfelstrudel, they've got all kinds of traditional Austrian food that is either veganized or just had the non-essential dairy ingredient removed/replaced. As far as I understood, their vegan-friendliness stems from one of their own coworkers being a vegan herself.

PS: there was actually a room with a fricking bouncy castle (!) on the upper floor, making me weep for my lost childhood

Pros: beautiful, cozy atmosphere, lots of vegan choices of traditional austrian food, good wine

great place to try - Edit

I really wanted to go to a Heuriger, but I knew that they were not really vegan-friendly, therefore I was very happy when I found out that actually there was a vegan-friendly Heuriger in Vienna. The place has a very large courtyard, where you can order drinks directly to the waiter, while you have to go inside to order your food at the counter. There are lots of vegan options available. We tried the vegan schnitzel and a quiche and they were both really good. The portions are big and the food is reasonably priced. The place is in the outskirts of Vienna, but you can get there quite easily.

Pros: great food, lots of vegan options, nice location

Cons: far from the city centre

Fantastic! - Edit

This place is awesome! Offers vegan versions of traditional heuriger food - probably your only chance to find such a place! Vegans desserts aren't usually marked but just ask and they will let you know. Several of the staff are vegan.

Pros: Vegan options!, Near vineyards, Best place in the 19th district

Cons: none!

Hhhhmmm - lots of vegetarian AND VEGAN choices... - Edit

My husband and me just discovered (thanks to VGT.at) this fantastic Heuriger in Vienna. Finally a veg. friendly Heuriger, where some family members are even vegan and know what they offer to their guests. We are absolutely happycow-happy :-)
Fresh veg. food, lots of vegan choices too AND THE BEST fresh homemade VEGAN KARTOFFELSALAT we have ever had.
Finally a beautiful Vienna Heuriger with romantic garden, good own wines and lots of veg. homemade dishes and delicious veg. deserts+pastries:-)
Veeeerrrryyy recommendable!!!!!!
Camelia & Daniel

Pros: best vegan Viennese potatoe salad, great vegan choices, fresh ingredients

Return to Vienna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Weingut Feuerwehr Wagner closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.