WeiBao - 웨이바오

391-19, Hapjeong-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chinese food restaurant. Vegan menu is offered on Saturday (only). 육류를 취급하나 비건 옵션이 있습니다. 중국 식당으로 매주 토요일에만 비건 요리 주문이 가능합니다. 영업시간은 월~일 11:00~15:00, 17:00~23:00입니다. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-3:00pm, 5:00pm-11:00pm.

Categories: Chinese, Non-veg

First Review by luizacmendonca

unimpressive food, high prices - Edit

The Mushroom w/Spicy Garlic sauce was a small portion of battered & fried mushrooms in a sweet/spicy sauce. on a bed of lettuce for 19,000 won. It was expensive for the portion size. Also, it wasn't really crispy.
The Jjampong & Jajangmyeon were just okay, but small portions (not a lot of noodles) & relatively expensive (9,000 won/each). I was annoyed to see that the regular, nonvegan jajangmyeon was 5,000 won... It would have made sense if they had vegan meats or something extra in the vegan version, but it was onions, zucchini, pumpkin, so I don't think the big price difference is justified..
They brought everything out separately so my bf had his jjampong before I got my jajangmyeon. They forgot that we had ordered steamed buns until I reminded them when we were more than halfway through our meal.
Before going, we had called them to ask if they were open on Saturday before the holiday. They said they were, and they didn't mention that there's a break between lunch & dinner, so when we went it was closed & we came back later.
It was really dark inside the restaurant, and there were people smoking right outside..
There was nothing special about the food or the service. I would not go back.

Pros: offers a vegan menu

Cons: portion size, expensive, ambiance

Amazing, packed with flavour!! - Edit

I got the sweet and sour mushroom, I didn't have the greatest expectations but once the food arrived I was shocked, it was the best meal I ate in South Korea.
It was so rich in flavour and the mushrooms were fried in a tasty batter making them super crispy and delicious.
The staff are very lovely and speak English they have a whole seperate vegan menu!
The serving sizes are generous and the staff even packed what I couldn't finish for me to take home.

Pros: delicious food, good serving sizes., great staff

Deserves 5 Stars! - Edit

You should 100% come to this lovely little restaurant! Just do it!

The owner is a really friendly gentleman named George who chatted to us throughout the night and even asked straight away if we were there for the vegan menu. The menu was written in Korean but he talked us through all the different options and we ended up getting the sweet and sour eggplant on a bed of lettuce and the tofu soup! Both were very tastey but the eggplant was spectacular! Possibly the best dish we've had on our trip.

You also get a pot of tea and your classic Korean sides (he does his yellow radish slightly different and it'd awesome!)

When we went to pay we had a chat about travels and his company and he offered to help us with anything we needed while we were in Seoul! It was a great experience!

please visit here! - Edit

I am SO happy this place exists. First it is so wonderful they have an entire vegan MENU and not just a few items. Secondly, the staff here are very kind and accommodating. They were so courteous to me. This place also have very good hours and is in a convenient location.

I ordered 짬뽕 (spice noodles) and and 표거버섯탕수육 (sweet and sour shiitake mushrooms which are fried)They were both excellent. They have good quality noodles and mushrooms. They were kind enough to let me take out

The vegan menu is only in Chinese and Korean, but the staff speak English well. Prices are moderate.

I will definitely come here often. I would give 5 stars if available.

Pros: availability (location and hours), service, delicious food

Amazing food and friendly service! - Edit

I just love my dinner at WeiBao! George, the owner, is super friendly and explained me the whole menu, that's only written in korean. Actually, he speaks perfect English, which is kind of rare in Seoul. Food was amazing as well. I went by my self and had a bowl of vegetables with an amazing and non spicy sauce. Definently recommend it for veggies and vegans in Seoul!

Pros: Vegan menu, Staff speaks English, Takes credit cards

Return to Seoul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has WeiBao - 웨이바오 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.