We Cook Pizza and Pasta

Serves meat, vegan options available. Not much for veg food in this area. Offers pizzas and sub sandwiches with vegan cheese. Sits between Babbitt's General Store and the Grand Canyon Camper Village and RV Park. Open .

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Non-veg

First Review by vegrebecca

OK, not great - Edit

Firstly, this place is not at Grand Canyon Village, it is at Tusayan.
We ordered a glutenfree pizza with vegan cheese, tomato, spinach and jalapenos. A (really) small one costed more than 16 dollar.
The pizza was ok, not great.

Wrong place - Edit

This place is in a town outside of Grand canyon Village, if you want to drive out of the park it is fine, but we took the train and used the local shuttle bus to great extent. please move it to Tusayan not Grand canyon Village

There is a better place just next door.. - Edit

Just beside this restaurant is a Mexican place that have vegan options on the meny and are very vegan friendly. Cant remember the name of the place but it was really nice.

happy to have found this place - Edit

I really enjoyed this place. They have an all-you-can-eat salad bar for only $7.50 with a variety of raw / vegan / vegetarian choices. The choices vary also from day-to-day. A great place to go even if your companion is not vegetarian, as this restaurant has food for everyone (my companions had non-veg pizza and pasta). The correct address is 605 N. State Route 64, Gand Canyon, AZ 86023.

Pros: AYCA salad bar, good value

A few vegan options, not bad for remote location!! - Edit

As others have noted, there is no longer vegan cheese on the menu, nevertheless, we were at the Grand Canyon for three days and the pickings were VERY, VERY slim indeed for vegans. We chose this place on recommendation from a local, and weren't disappointed at all.
The staff here seem to know the ingredients in their pizza and sauces, as well as the definition of the words "vegan" and "vegetarian". Remember, you're a LONG way from civilization, cut the place some slack....
On checking the ingredients (by reading some packages and/or asking the management)I'm quite sure the pizza dough, pizza and pasta sauce (marinara) are vegan, as is the pasta itself. There are two vegan salad dressings, and a nice, fresh, crisp, well-stocked salad bar (the italian and the raspberry vinaigrette are vegan).
Believe me, there is little else available for 70 miles, so this is one of your best bets in "town".
The prices are high, but the quality is good and the atmosphere is casual and kid-friendly: you're in a resort/vacation town, EVERYTHING is pricey.
We had a cheese-less pizza, salads and pasta. All were good, better than many places I've been in the "big city".

Pros: several vegan options, fresh, crisp salads

Cons: small town, expensive

An okay option for the Grand Canyon - Edit

I visited the Grand Canyon with my family last week and ate at We Cook Pizza and Pasta twice. They no longer had "vegan" pizza on the menu. My husband ate the spaghetti with marinara sauce, which the cashier and cook assured us had no cheese in it. I ate the pasta primavera which again we were assured the veggies were only cooked in oil and garlic with no dairy. While the prices were crazy (I think $12 for the marinara and $14 for the primavera) and the quality wasn't so great, there are very little vegan/vegetarian choices in the Grand Canyon so we were happy to get anything at all.

Pros: vegan, vegetarian, convenient

Cons: pricey, mediocre at best

Dont call it VEGAN, if it is NOT! - Edit

For one, it's misleading to call it vegan and we were told that it's hard to get vegan cheese in bulk,I think it inconsiderate that they know the difference between vegan cheese and what they use. The quality of the pizza was low, my meat lover boyfriend who loves pizza and searches far and near for the best tasting pizza was very disappointed as well as myself. The price you pay is also very wrong for the quality that you get.

Return to Grand Canyon Village Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has We Cook Pizza and Pasta closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1565 times since Aug 2007.