CLOSED: Wayoo Juicery

39 Argyle Place, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH9 1JY

Juice bar est. Oct 2016 offering organic cold pressed juices plus smoothies, raw cakes, vegan breakfast, sandwiches, salads, soup and hot food. Has Wi-Fi. Reported closed, Sep 2017.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by craigmc

a good start - Edit

I stopped in having just had lunch at Susie's thinking it was only a juice shop. had a great chat with Hollie who said they are trying to up the food ante. I had a good americano and am looking forward to hearing back and trying some food.they have several juice options and vegan specials most days. a vegan Mac and cheese and vegan chilli. there were here cakes available, the brownies being vegan. there were also several Vegan raw cakes which looked.great. they have changed the layout a little and given the cafe a freshen up, looks promising
went for lunch today and was very happy with the food and service. I had the chickpea samosa with side salad, ny better half had the tamarind and potato soup (a union of genius) and me wee one was delighted with her vegan pancakes covered in maple syrup. The food was fresh and tasty, a little bit expensive if i'm honest, but living in edinburgh i know how expensive rent is.
i look forward to a tuesday visit for the vegan mac cheese special day. i have yet to try a juice but i'm lookibg forward to it.
back again and suddenly needs to up its game. needs some new, and more food. people are so nice but need to improve.

Pros: staff, raw and juices, vegan options.

Cons: limited

Not great - Edit

I came in for a smoothie and wasn't impressed. Smoothie aside - I had the Wayoo and not particularly amazing and seemed a bit watery too me - the table I sat at was dirty. It hadn't been wiped down and I noticed the other tables were in a similar state. Not a great experience to be honest.

Cons: Dirty tables, Not the most enjoyable smoothie

Cute cafe, requires practice? - Edit

I tried this place out upon the recommendation of a friend who had some amazing cacao pancakes here. She went on a Saturday afternoon I think, whereas I went the following Friday. This is important as some options (such as pancakes) are limited to the weekend menu. This may have been my fault for not checking ahead but was still a bit disappointing.

I had some mixed granola with almond milk and the super berry smoothie. Granola was nice, smoothie was delicious! There are some other options on the menu that look really exciting (vegan mac and cheese, for one) so I'll be coming back here some time in the near future to try and get a more complete taste of what Wayoo has to offer :)

Pros: delicious smoothies, staff was really friendly :), cute and comfortable environment

Cons: menu a little confusing + specific

Return to Edinburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Wayoo Juicery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.