Small, well-stocked health food shop. Has organic produce, vitamins, and more. more-less
54 W 125th St (5th & Lenox Ave, Harlem, Manhattan)
New York City, New York 10027
212-831-2955

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by LoveHealthZone
Njack7575
Njack7575

Delicious smoothies and cake

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2016

I happened into this health food store in smoothie bar and thoroughly enjoyed a great green juice which were priced well at seven dollars for a 20 ounce cup. I also enjoyed a huge piece of strawberry cheesecake and chocolate layer cake! They were both delicious!

Pros: generous cake slices. , priced well. , family owned in Harlem since 1975.
LoveHealthZone
LoveHealthZone

Nice product line, mean management

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2011

This store has great potential. They have a reasonable selection of food, herbs, etc. There is a 50-50% change you get a good financial savings here as half the products seem to be lower than market, and the remainder are much higher.

Negative: The owner (and upper management) tend to be somewhat snobby. I only support the store because they have a reasonable amount of products, some products have good prices, and the store hires many people from Harlem, which is rare for the area 125th street tends not to hire minorities from Harlem. Overall this store gets a B for products and an E for customer service and management.

I still continue to shop there, mainly because it's good to spend money where disenfranchised community residents can get a job and while I don't need a job there, I appreciate at least this fact.

Dear Owner and Manager of Watkins Health Foods: