First Review by LoveHealthZone

Delicious smoothies and cake - Edit

I happened into this health food store in smoothie bar and thoroughly enjoyed a great green juice which were priced well at seven dollars for a 20 ounce cup. I also enjoyed a huge piece of strawberry cheesecake and chocolate layer cake! They were both delicious!

Pros: generous cake slices. , priced well. , family owned in Harlem since 1975.

Nice product line, mean management - Edit

This store has great potential. They have a reasonable selection of food, herbs, etc. There is a 50-50% change you get a good financial savings here as half the products seem to be lower than market, and the remainder are much higher.

Negative: The owner (and upper management) tend to be somewhat snobby. I only support the store because they have a reasonable amount of products, some products have good prices, and the store hires many people from Harlem, which is rare for the area 125th street tends not to hire minorities from Harlem. Overall this store gets a B for products and an E for customer service and management.

I still continue to shop there, mainly because it's good to spend money where disenfranchised community residents can get a job and while I don't need a job there, I appreciate at least this fact.

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Watkins Health Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3061 times since Aug 2007.