Wasota African Cuisine

512-565-3864

1112 E 11th St, Austin, Texas, USA, 78702

Serves meat, vegan options available. Food truck in trailer park offering African homestyle food with Nigerian flavors. Has separate vegan menu listing 20 or so items. Open Tue-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Fast food, Take-out, Nigerian, African, Non-veg

First Review by veggie_htx

Best vegan sandwich in Austin - Edit

I'd like to give this place 5 stars but the Happy Cow says the most I can give is 4 because Wasota is not 100 percent vegan.

But... what they do have is fantastic and very inexpensive. I usually get the Ultimate Vegan Sandwich, with black beans, plantains and a bunch of other veggies and spicey sauce on a thick, fresh roll. I think it is just $6.

The man who owns Wasota is very nice, too. Once my debit card didn't work and he told me I could pay him next time. Very cool. Wasota is in a food trailer court near East Side Yoga.

Pros: Great food, several vegan options, inexpensive, ex

wowowowowowow - Edit

Amazing flavors! Definitely get plantains! The atmosphere is great and unexpected! Would give 5 stars if it allowed me to!

Wasota is great for vegans looking for something new - Edit

In a food trailer park in Austin you will find Wasota African Cuisine. Many items on the menu are labelled vegan and the offerings are some tasty combination of rice, spinach, plantains, black eyed peas, cabbage and fritters. There are also a few sandwiches and a yam soup. I ordered the V14 (rice, plantains, and spinach) with a tomato stew sauce (I opted for mild) changed my life. Everything on that plate was delicious, and the price was very reasonable.

Pros: Inexpensive, Excellent food

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wasota African Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.