Sopa - Jalan Sugriwa

Contact 0361-2765897

Jalan Sugriwa, Ubud (at Jl. Hannoman), Bali, Indonesia,

Mostly organic, vegetarian cafe in Ubud. Kid-friendly, has books. Offer papaya cake. Same owner as Sopa in Madrid. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Salad bar, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Indonesian

First Review by Perth Geoff

Top notch Warung with Indo fusion delights - Edit

The original location is my choice for the authentic experience. Fresh food all day and night. I have always have amazing experiences and meals here. Any item from the food window is a winner. Super amazing desserts are a must have as well. Service is on point and smiling folks give extra love to the meal. I'll eat here 4-5 or more times a week! Even 2-3 times in a day!! Enjoy

Pros: Plenty for us vegans

Cons: Fare prices for quality food surely worth it

Good nasi campur; but unfriendly staff - Edit

Went there before noon and it was super quiet. Had the nasi campur: red rice with some bittergourd, ratatouille, tofu ball and potato croquet. Everything tasted good and fresh. But the rice was the smallest portion I've ever seen, noone could get full on that. And 7.000 for that is just ridiculous. All other items are 9.000.
Staff was really unfriendly, even for Ubud where I find everyone is pretty money and not people focused. Felt like I'm bothering them with my order while they were resting.
Great, fast wifi though!

Pros: food tastes good

Cons: rather pricy for portion size, really unfriendly service, limited food choices

crazy good nasi campur - Edit

really really nice food at a resonably price we ate here quite a lot even though it was a far walk

Pros: lots of taste cheap vegan food

Cons: lime cheesecake was super sour and intense

indonesian with style - Edit

nice fusion of indonesian and some japanese influences. finally someone who makes nasi campur more interesting! The vegan cakes are nice and compared to other places actually cheap. Very talented indonesian chefs! I recommend going here!

Pros: local food, creative

my Ubud favourite - Edit

Staying in a quiet area outside Ubud, I found it a bit intense coming into the centre but Warung Sopa made braving the madness worthwhile! It's walking distance from Ubud Palace, unlike many veg*n restaurants around, but in a fairly quiet side street, Jalan Sugriwa. I believe there is a second "garden" location a little south of the centre but would need someone else to confirm.

The restaurant has a bit of a scruffy hippy vibe, like dining in a food co-op, which I personally like. They even have a few shelves with grocery items.

As others have said, the nasi campur is super tasty! It changes slightly from day to day and everything I pointed at in the cabinet that appeared on my place was delicious! You pay 5K IDR for rice and 8K for a small amount of each dish you choose, served in cute banana leaf bowls. I mostly skipped the rice, actually, to save more room for tasty side dishes. The miso tofu fritter was a favourite, along with the bitter melon dish, and the Balinese curry is always a winner. Perhaps most moreish of all were the delicious accompaniments they bring to your table - lemongrass shallots and spicy sambal.

Now, about the deserts! There are always a number of vegan ones in the fridge. We couldn't go past the chocolate, mango, coconut triple layer tart. Chocolate layer was quite bitter, the coconut layer set with agar-agar is a bit rubbery but not unpleasant (like Malaysian kuih), and the sweet fruity mango layer balances it all out. My vegetarian partner said it was the best cake he'd ever eaten and he's usually not a fan of vegan deserts. Next time I need to try the snake fruit pie!

Pros: nasi campur has lots of variety

Cons: limited ala carte menu

Amazing Warung - Edit

Excellent place to eat with a genuine eco friendly focus. The menu is full of interesting information and all options are healthy. super friendly service also

Pros: good environment , good food , good people

wholesome home cooked food - Edit

Nasi champur is amazing. Presentation was A+. The snake bite juice is delicious and kicks off the appetite. Miso soup with their own homemade miso is a bit thin but once they provided extra miso to mix it, it tastes good. Got some fried zucchini miso and fried potato/sweet corn but they were cold and so not as tasty. Staff was very polite and the main lady could speak good english. No air conditioning but once u sit down for a while you get used to it as its quite airy. Setting was very cosy.

Our fave in Ubud - Edit

Love this place! We've been coming to Bali for years and this is always our first and last port of call. Healthy Japanese-Balinese fusion food (the owner is Japanese), decent prices, laid back Asian style seating. We rarely have anything except for the Nasi Campur and drinks - they have a cabinet full of yummy vegetable dishes and you point to the ones you want. I generally get 5, my partner has nearly 10 different dishes. They arrive in hand folded bamboo leaf bowls with some local condiments. The taste profiles vary greatly day to day but often they need a bit of extra salt - ask if you need it (we never bother). One day we'll try some of the vegan sushi rolls, natto and taco rice...

Pros: Lots of vegetables, Cute interior, Local flavours

Cons: Taste profiles vary day to day

One of the best place to eat in Ubud - Edit

Sopa warung is a nice And cozy place where you can find a lot of vegan food for a very cheap price .
Love their nasi campur , their rolls And gyoza . Their salad is really fresh And the vegan Cakes amazing .
Worth a visit !

Tasty cake! - Edit

We had only a cake, so I can't comment the restaurant properly, however... The cake was really good! A mango coconut and chocolate lapis cake, 100% vegan and very yummy. Nice place, relaxed atmosphere. We loved it

Great Breakfast - Edit

Sopa= Soup in Spanish so funnily enough their menu is rather soup heavy. They probably have twice as many soups as other mains on the menu and the drinks menu is big too. But they also have a good selection of salad and snack types foods that aren't on the menu as well as cakes that aren't on the menu.

I had taco rice the first time I went which was good, I had mango pie too which was ok. I went back for breakfast and had tofu scramble and it was amazing, best tofu anything I've ever had. If you are going to go here for anything it really should be breakfast- unless your particularly keen on soup.

It's tucked down a side street but still reasonable to find and get to from the centre of town. Really pleasant, open air place.

great food and the desserts were amazing - Edit

As part of our VegVoyages Bali/Java trip, we had a group dinner at Warung Sopa. Great food and lots of it. Hard to choose a favorite. Everything was freshly made. We had two desserts which were delicious. The tamarind drink was SO good. Great food, I'd highly recommend it if you are looking for a great place to eat in Ubud.

Pros: great food, delicious desserts, large portions

yummy desserts - Edit

Our VegVoyages tour group took over pretty much the whole restaurant. We were all served the same soup, nasi campur plate and two desserts. It was all fantastic, especially the desserts. The nasi campur was all served in leaf bowls. There was so much food to eat. The tamarind drink was refreshing as well. I would have loved to order directly from the menu another day if I'd had the chance.

Pros: plentiful nasi campur plate, delicious desserts, clean and friendly

Amazing! - Edit

I fell in love with this place instantly. It's cozy, cheap, the service is nice. We went there every day while in Bali and I still couldn't get enough of it. Every day they had five different vegan pies! I would love to go back to Ubud just to eat there. :p

They also sell vegan soap without palm oil, it's very nice and the quality is very good.

4 cows, only because the place is not 100% vegan.

Pros: Cheap, Nice atmosphere, Lots of vegan options

Cons: Not everything is vegan

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sopa - Jalan Sugriwa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.