First Review by veganC

THE BEST IN BALI - Edit

This was the best meal our entire trip! You should arrive by 8 so they have time to cook for you because everything is fresh! They are so nice and I would love to eat here every night with the love of my life!!! :)

Pros: CHAPATI, PULAO

Cons: There's only one location for this goodness!

Beautiful fresh Indian food - Edit

Located in a rustic bamboo structure - head up stairs and sit down on the cosy floor cushions. The food is made fresh to order so takes a while if the place has a few customers (don't go here if you're in a rush).
The Flavours of the curries were great and can be made vegan - the signature eggplant and tomato dish was the standout for us, combined with cumin infused pilau and fresh made chipati (soft and amazing). Definitely recommend - very good value.

tasty chapatis - Edit

Our VegVoyages tour group ate here upon arriving in Ubud. We were ushered upstairs to a lovely bamboo room with floor cushions (some are better than others). We ate family style and shared multiple dishes like dahl, eggplant, aloo gobi and much more with numerous tasty chapatis. A really nice lunch spot. And they sell local chocolate bars called Chok Chok Chocolate. Absolutely divine and makes a great dessert.

Pros: tasty chapatis, nice atmosphere upstairs, chocolate bars for sale

Not very fresh - Edit

I came had high expectation on this restaurant after reading about it online but was unfortunately very disappointed. We sat upstairs and the first thing we discovered was that there were lots of ants everywhere which can be acceptable because it was open except for the roof so there is really no stopping them. But since the seating is on cushions on the floor then not so nice. I also ordered an ice tea for which I got a bottle of sugar water to sweeten it with but saw that there were ants even in that bottle :/

We also saw a rat running around on the floor, and again hard to keep out because the place was open to the elements but still :/ The food was not very impressing at all and didn't leave a nice feeling in the stomach afterwards. Well, at least it wasn't very pricey.

Cons: Disappointing food, Ants everywhere, Rat

Love this place !! - Edit

By far, it's the best chapati I ever tried!! The saag and the Dahl are great too and the eggplants with tomatoes (I always forget the name of this dish) is my favorite.
The place has a really good atmosphere. It's all in bamboo and the upstairs is so comfy with all those colorful cushions. It's a great place to spend an evening with friends!!

Pros: excellent food, no msg, good atmosphere

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sharaswhaty closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2089 times since Sep 2012.