Wai Kika Moo Kau

+44-1273-671117

11a Kensington Gardens, Brighton, England, BN1 4AL

Vegetarian and vegan eatery serving breakfast, lunch, and desserts. Pronunciation of name is "Why kick a moo cow." Open Mon-Thu 9:30am-5:00pm, Fri-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Beer/Wine

First Review by Foxtrot

Friendly, busy & good food - Edit

We visited in December 2016 for a light lunch. Had some really tasty thick and nourishing soup with bread, followed by some super yummy slices of cake. Checked out meals being served to other customers and all looked nice! Busy place so obviously popular and deservedly so.

Pros: Good range of food, Reasonable prices, Friendly atmosphere

Cons: Slightly cramped

Proper British Breakfast - Edit

Located on a great street in the famous Lanes area, this place was a lovely find. I ordered the full English breakfast (must be ordered vegan) while my girlfriend ordered the mini version. Mini version is still a good feed, but it does not include a hot drink.
It was the perfect British breakfast, matching my expectations and memories of the real thing. We sat out on the small terrace watching the world go by and enjoyed the friendly service and locals who clearly enjoy this place too.
The service was also friendly and prompt.

Pros: Great English breakfast, Good portion sizes, Ideal location

Cons: Not all vegan

simple vegan & veg goodness - Edit

Great staff, good food. Even though they are a vegetarian place, there are many vegan options. Nice little place. Cakes are amazing

Pros: staff, atmosphere , price, good food

Cons: wish they would get rid of the dairy, especially s

Amazing vegan alternatives - Edit

Serves vegan food but also dairy.
Friendly staff and an open kitchen.

Pros: price, friendly

ok but you will find better - Edit

Food is ok at best and the cafe is in dire need of refurbishment (think water stains on the ceiling etc).
Given the choice locally you will get better for the price

Great VO (Vegan Option) in Wai Kika Moo Kau - Edit

We had a real good vegan English breakfast here today (01-03-2016). Thanx u guys!!!!

Pros: VO, Friendly, Not so expensive

wont be going again - Edit

Very poor service. Have been a few time and greeted with with grumpy staff. Not to mention exceptionally slow service 50 minutes. Not suitable for Children, get the feeling theyare definately not welcome.

Pros: some selection vegan food.

Cons: slow service, grumpy staff

Super popular and for good reason - Edit

Lots of good vegan options here - but needs yet more!
Well priced and tasty wholesome as well as comfy food.

Pros: Good vegan options , Popular with crowds , Great location

A real gem! - Edit

Real nice food, good quality and huge variety. All sorts of meal foods and drinks and deserts (Oreo cake was great!)
Cozy atmosphere, patient staff.
Good music, they were playing J Dilla, those who know will know.

Pros: Variety, Location, Vibe

Favourite place in Brighton - Edit

This is my favourite veg café in Brighton with a great selection of food for all budgets, great friendly staff and a generally unhurried atmosphere (depending on the time).

Pros: Great staff, prices for all budgets, Central location

Cons: Charging extra for soya milk, Large coffee is still small, Not fully vegan

not bad venue - Edit

Great venue with loads of choice for veggie and vegan

Place feels a little 'sticky' and could do with being renovated

Cakes look nice but a little pricey

Pros: vegan, veggie, cakes

Cons: price, cleanliness

Breakfast - Edit

Had the vegan option full English breakfast, consisting of baked beans, hash brown, tofu, vegan sausage, mushrooms, tomato and toast.
Service, food and ambience was great. Perfect Sunday morning breakfast. Highly recommended.

Pros: Nice location in the North Lanes, Open on Sunday, Multiple veggie/vegan options

Great for children (and grown ups!) - Edit

We have to visit here every time we go to Brighton. It is on my daughter's 'must do' list. She loves the waffles and the hot dogs! We have been for breakfast a few times and the fact that you can choose from a small or large version is great for us. The big would be too big for me but great for my husband. Always had good experiences when we have been here.

Pros: Vegan Friendly, Inexpensive

good food, friendly service - Edit

This was my second time having breakfast here. Great veg menu with lots of vegan options. I had the pancakes stack with maple syrup and my boyfriend had the full vegan fry that came with grilled tofu.
I like how they have put thought into their vegan options and have altered the menu to suit. Big portions, tasty food, friendly staff and well located in the middle of the North laines. They also seem to have a wide range on their lunch menu with plenty of vegan options too.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, reasonable prices , good location

Delicious breakfast! - Edit

Was in search of a good vegan breakfast and came here on the recommendation of the reviews. It didn't disappoint! I had a huge tasty full vegan breakfast (so many vegan options!) and the best iced latte I've possibly ever had.

Fantastic Breakfast - Edit

Both times that I have been here I had the Full Vegan Breakfast and it was divine. The first time we sat outside with our dog and we all had different meals and drinks - no complaints. The second time I arrived really early on a cold Sunday morning and was welcomed in out of the Cold, before having another Full Vegan and it was lovely. Highly recommended.

Delicious breakfasts! - Edit

I love the vegan breakfasts here: the cooked breakfast is really delicious and hearty, and the pancakes are such a treat. We enjoyed them sitting in the sunshine last March, and it was just wonderful! The cakes on the counter and the rest of the menu looked really tempting too, I can't wait for another chance to visit.

good place to eat - Edit

Today we had dinner here and it was good. I had the veggie chilli vegan version and loved it. They put cheese over the nachos chips and let it melt. They also added humus and guacamole which made a nice combination. I also had a vegan chai with soy milk and ice cream and again it was very good.

Pros: good food, vegan options, good location

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wai Kika Moo Kau closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.