Wai Kika Moo Kau

• ( 94 reviews )

11a Kensington Gardens, Brighton, England, BN1 4AL

Vegetarian and vegan eatery serving breakfast, lunch, and desserts. Pronunciation of name is "Why kick a moo cow." Open Mon-Thu 09:30-17:00, Fri-Sat 09:00-21:00, Sun 10:00-17:00.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Beer/Wine, Breakfast

First Review by Foxtrot

DavidRichards

Points +110

19 Nov 2021

Nice

Nice! Idk im not good at reviews haha. Friendly staff. I had a nice full breakfast:)

robwalker883

Points +54

30 Oct 2021

Brilliant

Stopped here for a drink and a rest. Ended up having tea, coke, fruit smoothies and chocolate cake and everything was great. So good in fact that we are going back today for lunch.
Highly recommended.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Friendly staff, Good location

robsm95

Points +402

29 Oct 2021

Breakfast

We had breakfast here this morning and it was lovely. Staff were great.
I got the miniature breakfast which was £6.95. Good portion size, VERY tasty tofu! Would definitely eat here again.
Would give 5* but not a fully vegan restaurant. Also served oat milk ect

Pros: Tasty, Good location

Cons: Not fully vegan cafe

vegegiraffe

Points +27

Mostly Veg
08 Oct 2021

Good for a quick bite.

Tasty wraps. Good place for a fairly quick bite, cafe not a restaurant. Good ethos.

Pros: Location , Choices, Food quality

ZachM_030201

Points +72

14 Jun 2021

Amazing chili nachos

Although not entirely vegan, there were great vegan food and drink options. The restaurant itself was really cosy, with lots of house plants along the walls.

Pros: Wide range of vegan options , Big portions

Cons: Wish the entire menu was vegan!

annihermi

Points +546

07 Nov 2020

Great vegan food at reasonable prices

This places offers a great menu containing vegetarian and vegan dishes ranging from breakfast to dishes like burritos, wraps and burgers. I once had a burrito and the vegan breakfast which were both delicious. Staff was super friendly and helpful.

Pros: delicious dishes, reasonable prices

Cons: not all vegan but vegetarian

ellaj0n3s

Points +292

17 Oct 2020

Amazing!!!

The quinoa and kofta salad was really really tasty and filling 🥰

JumpingJackAsh

Points +221

09 Sep 2020

Expensive and disappointing quality

I only had milkshakes, so hopefully the food is better! But...
Milkshakes were a fiver each, and small. The peanut butter and banana milkshake tasted of neither. Service was so on a quiet day.

Cons: Poor value, Average quality

Calathea-kitty

Points +16

28 Jul 2020

Delicious breakfast

First time here after recommendations from friends. Lovely breakfast menu with plenty of options. The best vegan pancakes I’ve had! Staff were very friendly.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Friendly staff , Indoor/outdoor seating

GinaLegg

Points +132

15 Jul 2020

Funky cafe with great variety

Lovely cafe with lots to choose from with gluten-free alternatives for most of the menu.

Pros: All the cakes are vegan, Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Smoothie was quite small for the price

VegoChouffe

Points +533

23 Feb 2020

Yummy cake

Can’t comment on the savoury food options as we just stopped in for some tea and a snack, but the chocolate truffle tart we had was absolutely delicious! a nice, reasonably priced cafe that we’d probably visit again ☺️

pawanjbrana

Points +59

23 Feb 2020

Amazing Breakfast

I have been here a few times and it has always been for their all-day breakfast. Nice, big portions and yummy.

Pros: Big portions, Delicious

CharlesHarpur

Points +151

14 Jan 2020

Cool vegan/veg cafe tucked away

Friendly staff, great food

Pros: Great quality, made in open kitchen, Friendly staff, Nice vibe, little bit pricey but worth it

Cons: Cut down on dairy and eggs and offer more vegan

Dirkus

Points +84

07 Dec 2019

Lovely cafe

Had lovely brunch here, soup and wraps. Very tasty also great choice vegan cakes, one we had as a takeaway. Hmmm! Good friendly service.

Pros: Lovely food

Lenene

Points +549

02 Sep 2019

Tasty food, amazing vegan cakes

Went there after a long hike. Our food was delicious. Their dinner menu is 100% vegan😄I had the vegan Moroccan burger - apricot and herby minty patty with hummous and the usual trimmings. Boyfriend had the hot dog. We shared the coffee and walnut cake which was absolutely delicious.
Unfortunately a couple of things were missing in our order - no crushed olives in my burger (as indicated on the menu - they must have run out?) And my boyfriend was brought the wrong hot dog (he wanted the mexican one) I think they were training a new waitress so we didn't say anything. They also had run out of red wine!?
It was almost empty for a Saturday night... maybe because the students are still away on holiday?
Staff were very friendly and played good songs! Overall, a place to try!

Pros: 100% vegan dinner menu with original choices, Yummy vegan cakes, Friendly staff

Cons: Issues with missing/wrong items, Almost empty on a Saturday night!

muppetmaddy1999

Points +16

11 Aug 2019

Fab!

Fantastic juices and delicious vegan nachos! Definitely will go back for a full meal!

josieslouise

Points +20

16 Jul 2019

amazing vegan cake!!

the cakes are incredible and always have new flavours whenever i go. main food is also amazing. can get quite busy at times but really lovely place to eat

purlec

Points +44

01 Jul 2019

Relaxed atmosphere

The banana smoothie and wraps are amazing. Perfect energy booster after walking all day.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Friendly helpful staff

vegan_mum

Points +240

27 Jun 2019

fantastic mushroom burger

I ate the best vegan mushroom burger in my life at this well-lit little place in the North Laines area in Brighton. It was nearly full when we arrived around 2PM on a Friday in June, but they seated our party of 8 easily in back. Service was friendly and on top of food allergy issues. We did need to wait at least a half hour for our food; we ended up eating every scrap of it all, from berry smoothie to aforementioned mushroom burger to veggie wrap. All was fresh, mains piping hot and delicious. Good for kids (we had four with us, from toddler to preteen).

Updated from previous review on 2019-06-25

Pros: Delicious vegan food, Kind, accommodating service, Fun location and decor

Cons: Service on slow side

danielakotivirta

Points +59

18 Apr 2019

Great affordable food

Great food and great service! We ate The falafel wrap, mezze plate, tempeh salad and The Burrito! All of them were great, The Burrito was The best!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Good price

BlairDoward

Points +74

08 Apr 2019

such a lovely place

had the coconut and raspberry vegan cake was absolutely divine and had friendly staff and it's a lovely atmosphere.

Pros: lots of vegan options

Amz-Kay

Points +52

02 Apr 2019

Lovely place

A nice range of options so good for when I want to keep it healthy, or when I want to indulge!

swelly

Points +22

22 Mar 2019

Great Breakfast

Really enjoyed our Green breakfast this morning. Good food and plenty of it. Will definitely be returning.

ChloeScotney

Points +188

18 Mar 2019

Best vegan breakfast

Had the best vegan breakfast in my life at this place. Was so full but could not leave a morsel as it was so delicious!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Friendly staff , Fresh juices and tasty coffee options

Nostoc

Points +81

31 Dec 2018

Veggie lunch & cake

Perfect place to stop in the North Laine area of Brighton. Good choice of lunches and cakes

Pros: Lunch, Cake, Coffee

Cons: Not open in the evening

Avatar Claremveg

Claremveg

Points +601

21 Sep 2018

Not what it used to be

Update on below review. This place has changed a lot, always busy but the staff are quite abrupt these days and rushing around. Takes ages to get served. Ordered a vegan breakfast but certain the sausages were Quorn non vegan. Asked and was told they were new but didn't eat as wasn't convinced. Guy on the table beside me ordered a soya latte and was served cows milk. I heard him ask and be reassured it wasn't, then waitress came back a moment later and apologised that it wasn't soya! Have heard that manager is not very nice.

This was my second time having breakfast here. Great veg menu with lots of vegan options. I had the pancakes stack with maple syrup and my boyfriend had the full vegan fry that came with grilled tofu.
I like how they have put thought into their vegan options and have altered the menu to suit. Big portions, tasty food, friendly staff and well located in the middle of the North laines. They also seem to have a wide range on their lunch menu with plenty of vegan options too.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, reasonable prices , good location

LemonCookie90

Points +58

23 Aug 2018

Good vegan meals and mostly everthing has a vegan option

It's a nice place and you can sit outside and have your drink or meal there. We had the platter for two with additional chips and guacamole on the side. I can recommend going there. It's really good that mostly every meal which is vegetarian has a Vegan option. Prices are OK.

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wai Kika Moo Kau closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.