Wahoo's

• Veg-friendly
Contact 949-253-9532

2967 Michelson Dr F, Irvine, California, USA, 92612

Serves meat, vegan options available. A "surf" tacos & Mexican fast food food chain, also called Wahoo's Fish Taco. The menu includes different filling choices for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and bowls. Veg filling include marinated tofu, saute mixed vegetable teriyaki, or vegetarian rice and bean(with cheese). Vegans must specify; otherwise you might get cheese/dairy in your order. Open daily.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by vegankiwis

OK food - Edit

Pretty poor experience - corporate fairly generic place trying to be 'cool' - food mediocre (but better than nothing from a vegan perspective) - our particular server didn't seem to understand 'vegan' with cheese on what was ordered. Better than no options, but likely not better than other options if they exist (which walking distance in this area I'm not sure that they do - 'walking' seeming to be somewhat of an alien concept in this area...)

Pros: They server alcohol, they can veganize many options

Cons: server didn't understand vegan

Great Choice - Edit

Wahoo's has great options for vegans. I usually get the Bonzai Bowl with brown rice/ black beans or I also love the Citrus Slaw tacos with Bonzai veggies ( no aioli or cheese). I usually get just one taco because there is so much in it that I can split the contents between the two corn tortillas provided and I have 2 good size tacos. There are also beautiful salads that I dress with pico de Gallo but I think the cilantro dressing is also dairy free.

Pros: fast, fresh,crisp veggies , options for everyone in your party

Tofu & Citrus Slaw for Vegans - Edit

I wish they didn't serve meat or fish, but the fact is, sometimes you have to eat out with friends and you need a good, healthy vegan option. Wahoo's Tofu Tacos with Citrus slaw (no aioli or cheese) are exceptionally good. I have actually convinced some of my friends to get this dish instead of a meat taco, so I consider that progress.

Pros: Vegan tofu and citrus slaw

Cons: Meat and fish dominate the menu

There are so many better veg options than this - Edit

People in SoCal seem to be obsessed with this place, but that's because they also love average meat-based foods and large chains.

Went here on a work lunch, and found it difficult to source the veg items, let alone anything vegan. Everything is smothered with fish, fish sauce and dairy. I ended up ordering some kind of vegetable taco with rice and plain beans. Minus the cheese and sour cream. It was underwhelming and overpriced, and I came away feeling dissatisfied, but my expectations were already pretty low.

There are so many other delicious veg eateries in the area -to try instead of this chain.

Cons: Few vegan items, Tasteless, Crowded and unclean

Return to Irvine Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wahoo's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 515 times since Oct 2011.