Wagamama

1 Castle Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH1 2DP

Serves meat, vegan options available. International franchise chain inspired by Japanese food. Vegetarian items are marked with a V and some can be made vegan, but likely has only 1 fryer for meat & veg. Has freshly squeezed juices, edamame, goma wakame salad, yasai gyoza (dumplings), yasai itame (tofu, veg & noodles in a coconut soup). Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 12:30pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Japanese, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Asian Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by imogenmichel

fair - Edit

I've been to this chain a number of times in the past. Their food is always acceptable. It's nothing to rave about but I do like that there are options for vegans (you may have to ask for a modification - request your ramen without the egg, etc). I had the ramen and the veggie gyoza. I'm not a fan of cilantro, so the gyoza dipping sauce wasn't the best. This location does work with the Deliveroo service if you are local. So, it's a quick fix if you don't want to leave out.

Pros: veg*n options, will modify some dishes if requested, Deliveroo works with this location

Disappointing Changes - Edit

Wagamamas used to be our payday dinner out of choice, but they recently changed their menu. The ingredients have changed, and nothing really tastes quite as good anymore. The prices also seem to have gone down, which could have been a good thing if it wasn't so painfully obvious that the quality has suffered.

We went a few more times after realising this, but it didn't improve, and finally I was served some really bad mochi ice cream that tasted entirely of fridge. It was inedible. We haven't gone back since.

They have a few vegan options, and a lot of meat on their menu, but we've had helpful servers who gladly customized our orders.

Pros: Lots of vegetarian options, Free green tea is pretty great, Not ridiculously expensive

Cons: Tastes bland, Fridge flavour mochi, Vegan options come in tiny portions for some reaso

Decent vegan options - Edit

Wagamama offers eat in or takeaway food and are very helpful and knowledgeable about what options on their menu can be made vegan. I came here for a takeaway yasai itame, which was delicious and filling. There are definitely better options for vegans in Edinburgh, but Wagamama is a decent option in the centre of town.

Pros: Decent vegan options, Central

Return to Edinburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wagamama closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.