Wagamama

De Keyserlei 13, Antwerpen, Belgium, 2018

Serves meat, vegan options available. International franchise chain inspired by Japanese food. Offers a booklet that assists in making selections from menu based on allergy or diet. Vegetarian items are marked with a V and some can be made vegan; some that are vegan with no modifications are edamame, wok-fried greens, steamed gyoza yasai and itame yasai. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-8:30pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by CarlosGP

Not eating here again - Edit

The asian cuisine is my absolute favourite in the world. Wagamama thus seemed like a great choice.

However, I shouldve known that a chain restaurant like this would downgrade the asian cuisine a lot. Nothing about the vegan dishes tasted "asian". I was highly disappointed.

I know countries like Japan have great vegan dishes, I wish restaurant like these would stay true to the Japanese flavours.

Pros: Quick service

Cons: Chain, loses the flavour, Few vegan options, Not true to Asian cuisine

Tasty Asian food - Edit

I loved the warm yasai chilli salad, it's a lukewarm salad with fried tofu and spicy peppers. The itame yasai is also a good vegan choice. I always have one of these when I'm at Wagamama.

Pros: Central location, Some vegan options, other dishes can be veganized.

Cons: Could have more vegan options

A thorough disappointment!!! - Edit

This places looks very good and cozy on their website, but in reality, it's a small place with counter sitting only that serves nothing but sushi--only a couple of which are suitable for vegetarians.

I would steer clear of it. Most frustrating after walking all the way there.

Pros: Nothing, absolutely nothing

Cons: No vegetarian selections to speak of, Nothing like it's advertised

Greet 13 Feb 2017 - I need to mention that there are 2 'part's' of this restaurant, completely seperate but next door. One is new and a convayer belt sushi place,. It's not very veggie friendly if you don't like sushi, I grant you that.

I think you accidentally walked into this one. But inside the building there is the entrance of the 'original' Wagamama, wich is exactly as advertised, with lots of vegetarian options.

It's been a couple of years since I've eaten there, but I do remember it was quite nice.

It really sucks for you that you had such a crappy experience, especially because of a misunderstanding... :-(

Return to Antwerpen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wagamama closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.