Waffa and Mikes Middle Eastern Restaurant

904-683-8313

1544 N Main St (at 6th St), Jacksonville, Florida, USA, 32206 Historic Sprin

Serves meat, vegan options available. Owners are interested in attracting more vegan customers and are knowledgeable about veganism. Vegan items include hummus, baba, falafel, grape leaves, fattoush salad, french fries and others. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out, Catering, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by pattib

Wonderful Neighborhood Cafe - Edit

My friend and her daughter and I enjoyed a leisurely lunch at this place today. It's a small place with a few tables and booths. We arrived a little after one and most the tables were occupied.
The waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. We explained we didn't want anything with meat or dairy and she pointed out the options. We ended up getting two platters to share and each platter came with two sides. I ordered the Falafel with Hummus and Baba Ganouge and my friend ordered Stuffed Grape Leaves with Tabbouleh and Fattouch. The waitress brought extra plates and we sampled everything. Everything was fresh and tasty but the Falafel was outstanding. Deep fried but not greasy and it was soft and moist on the inside. Yummy! The meal was served with a basket of pita bread.

There were several drink options including lemonade, tea, soda, regular coffee and Turkish coffee.

I can't say anything bad about this place. It was clean and the staff were all super friendly and the price was reasonable.

They also have items on the menu for the meat eaters so it makes a nice place to bring non vegans friends and family. I like a place that has something for everyone.

For anyone who might be concerned about the Springfield area we (three women) parked over a mile away and walked to this place and had no trouble at all.

Highly recommend this place if you're looking for great vegan options. I'll be going back and next time I'm getting the Turkish coffee!

I would give them a 5 star but this site doesn't allow that because they aren't 100% Vegan.

Pros: Lots of Vegan dishes, Friendly atmosphere, Reasonable price.

Return to Jacksonville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Waffa and Mikes Middle Eastern Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.