06-6365-1991

Osaka-shi, Kita-ku, Kamiyama-cho 8-7, Nippo Sunrisetown Building, 4th Floor, Osaka, Japan, 530-0026

Small lively Jamaican themed LGBTQ+ friendly bar where everyone is welcome. Serves drinks and vegan tapas and snacks. Has vegan cocktails and other alcoholic drinks, but note that not all alcohol is vegan. Larger groups should call ahead. Address: 〒530-0026 大阪府大阪市北区神山町8−7 日宝サンライズタウンビル4F. The kitchens stops serving 30-60 minutes before closing, call ahead to confirm. A cover charge of 300\ per person applies. Open Mon-Wed 7:00pm-1:00am, Fri-Sat 7:00pm-3:00am, Sun 7:00pm-1:00am.

Categories: Vegan, Japanese, Beer/Wine, Jamaican

First Review by NicoNico

good food and drinks LGBT friendly - Edit

This place is more of a bar than a restaurant. Regardless the food is fresh and delicious! Best part is the staff and fellow customers are all super friendly. My friend and I chatted with everyone for ages and had a great time with nice drinks. Highly recommend this bar with food!

WaaGwaan 09 Nov 2017 - Dear BrandyEaster

Thank you so much for your fantastic review!
We are super glad to hear that you had a great time at WaaGwaan.
As you might have felt from the vibes at WaaGwaan, the customers are very friendly and amazing, including you :)
We hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Japan!

Have lovely one!
WaaGwaan

LGBT friendly bar with good drinks and friendly staff - Edit

This is the only vegan and openly LGBT friendly bar in Osaka so I was very excited to visit when I heard about it. The owner is one of the loveliest and friendliest persons I've met in Osaka. She is extremely interested in getting to know her customers and ensuring that they have a good time in her place. The food is tasty but I really like her fruit cocktails and umeshu (plum wine) the most. This is a good place to chill with your significant other or friends. The only downside is that it is located in a shady building with a hanky panky Thai massage parlor and some weird bars, but overall a nice place to check out when you're near Umeda.

Pros: Super friendly owner and staff , Delicious drinks , LGBT inclusive

Cons: Place can be too crowded since it is small , Located in a shady area

WaaGwaan 09 Nov 2017 - Dear YukiLim

Thank you very much for your lovely comment.
We are so happy that you liked our homemade Umeshu. We hope you can try this years' batch as it turned out rather well!
Also, please come back and share your knowledge on the plant-based life style and your amazing photos with us :)

Cheers,
WaaGwaan

PS. The area might look shady, but it's just a bit of a night life area, so don't worry. lol

Great little hideaway - Edit

A cosy bar with charming staff and a good selection of drinks. Waagwaan has a welcoming atmosphere and some delicious items on their menu (the avocado smoothies are definitely worth a try). It's an ideal location for pre drinks, a catch up or a nice bite to eat.

Pros: Friendly staff, Cosy atmosphere , Good food

WaaGwaan 09 Nov 2017 - Dear mzayda

Thank you very much for your kind comment.
We are happy that you liked avocado cocktail!
Please come back anytime you are in the area and pronounce "peanut butter" again for me :P

Cheers,

The worst experience ever - Edit

Well, let's say that if you're not especially looking for good food, and that you don't mind about staying in a tiny smokey space with yelling drunk people (including 2 people from the staff) this place is made for you!
I didn't want to go there but since Negumi was overbooked we had to improvise and this place was the closest we can get. I should have known when I entered the room that things would go wrong. I was accompanied by a long time no see friend to whom I spoke about the benefits of a plant-based diet, a total fiasco...The two of us have ordered a different meal and after a long wait (around 30 minutes) they came with the one I ordered, it didn't look very tasty, 10 minutes later I asked the staff when my friends meal would be ready...guess what, they forgot it!!! 10 minutes later they came with something that didn't exactly look like as on the menu (same for what I've ordered). I payed 3600Yen for this. Finally I felt shame for this people. Even though I wish them good luck, but they will need serious improvements so I give them two stars instead of 1.

Cons: small portions, noisy and smokey, pricey

WaaGwaan 09 Nov 2017 - Dear NicoNico

We are very sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your experience at WaaGwaan.
and we appreciate that you wish us good luck.
We try our best to learn from your feed back and improve our service wherever we can.
Thank you very much again for coming and taking your time to give us your feed back.

Kind regards,

Return to Osaka Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has WaaGwaan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.