CLOSED: W Gruncie Rzeczy

Contact +48-692464489

Ul Hoza 62, Warsaw, Poland, 00-682

A small vegan restaurant that opened in the center of the city in late 2013. Eco-friendly and uses local products. FEB 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Mon-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan, Western, Beer/Wine, Bakery, Polish

First Review by hack_man

Not like before - Edit

Been there few times. On the beginning it was really delicious food for me but last 2-3 times I didn't like it so much anymore. Its ok but not making me to want to come back. Food was not so well seasoned and balanced like before. Felt bit like canteen food, flat and bland comparing to previous visits. I felt like they went for routine? Or lost some passion?

GOOD AND INESPENSIVE FOOD - Edit

Modern and cozy place with friendly staff and unpronunceable name, that serves traditional polish dishes and awesome cakes
The food is original, good and inexpensive, the cakes are really amazing!
One of our favorite places in Warzawa

Pros: Good food, Amazing cakes, inexpensive

Vegan pierogi! - Edit

What a nice find in Warsaw. It's a nice location, underground which was cozy on a cold day. They have sit down tables and some smaller high tables with stools. The staff were friendly and spoke English. I had the burger which was good, although more of a patty with some good sauces and salads and not a classic American burger and bun. The Mayo sauce was tasty. They had two options for pierogi and I had the Russian style ones with some tofu filling. They were so good I should have just gotten more of those! You order them individually so you can mix and match. 5 would probably be a full meal but you can get one or two as a side. They also came with a bit of salad which was crunchy with lots of seeds. I managed a slice of snickers cake which was really rich. The price was good for the quality of the food. I'll be back for more pierogi!

Best cakes ! - Edit

They have the most delicious cakes in the entire warsaw. I always go there for cakes and pate sandwich with mayo. Also great pierogi, burgers served with potatoes and carrots,lunch that changes daily. I've been their fan for 2 years ! I don't recommend any smoothies or tea there.The coffee is always cold ( they add milk straight from the fridge) Staff is moody, rude,forgets about orders, lazy. I even avoid 2 unfriendly waiters- when I see that they are at work, I leave the place before ordering anything . But the owners are very very nice ! I would have given 5 stars but the staff is not worth it. Some of them should be fired asap! The food and place itself are great though

Pros: DELICIOUS FOOD, cosy atmosphere

Cons: STAFF STAFF STAFF!!!!!!!, terrible drink choice

Warsaw Fave! - Edit

I loved everything I tried at this little place and the chef there is really into food. It has a progressive, activist vibe, and traditional Polish food done vegan is fantastic here. Definitely highly recommend it!

Pros: Cool vibe, Great food

Nice - Edit

Lovely place, well located, everything looks great and what I've had was amazing. However, I don't know if it had to do with the language or what but the waiter was not as nice as you expect waiters to be.

Pros: The food

Cons: The waiter

I Love This Restaurant! Great Vegan Polish Food - Edit

I am traveling in Poland, and and finally had my first pierogi - vegan style at this restaurant. The noodle was filled with buckwheat groats (kasha) and some other ingredients, and they were so satisfying. I also ordered Placek po wegiersku which is a traditional Polish dish prepared vegan-style made with a potato pancake filled with seitan and other vegetables. What a great treat! I wish this place was closer to Los Angeles, as I would eat here regularly.

Pros: Great food, Lovely outdoor seating, Friendly staff

Very good food - Edit

Das Essen war wunderbar. Wir haben mehrere Portionen Schlutzkrapfen bestellt. So gut haben Sie geschmeckt. Tapioka Dessert war auch wunderbar. Der Chef war leider sehr unfreundlich.
---
The food was wonderful. We ordered several portions ravioli. So good you'll have tasted. Tapioca dessert was also wonderful. The boss was unfortunately very rude.

A Real Restaurant - Edit

Yes, it's a bit more expensive than the cheapest of the cheap, but it is real food on a real plate with real table service. I enjoyed my vegetable wrap+burger w/salad, chutney and banana carrot for 22z.

Pros: Not Fast Food, Vegetables

Great pierogi! - Edit

W Gruncie Rzeczy was (until the new Vege Miasto opened in summer 2014) the only place serving vegan pierogi on a regular basis, which is a Polish classic, a must if you visit Warsaw or if you live here. The Russian are the best. The tofu scramble sandwich is also nice, but could be served hot.

They have a limited menu but always something nice to chose, and different dishes/desserts of the day. The restaurant is also pleasant and the staff very friendly.

decent food for reasonable prices - Edit

I’ve only ate there once during my last stay in Warsaw and I guess that with a constantly changing menu the quality of the food may vary, so please take it in to account. I ordered some spring rolls with grilled or baked veggies and pesto and a burger with French fries and a salad, and while I can’t say that I was disappointed, I wasn’t quite delighted either – everything was tasty but in a way you can cook (if you cook at all) a tasty meal for yourself at home. That said, out of all the vegan and vegetarian restaurants and bars I’ve visited in Warsaw, this had the best price to food quality ratio. The only actual drawback is the air circulation inside – I was lucky to find one free table outside and if I hadn’t I wouldn’t eat there at all, because it was way too stuffy inside.

Great addition to vegan restaurants in Warsaw - Edit

This restaurant is fairly new, but has been on my list of places to check out for as long as it is open - mainly because I often hang out in the area near Hoza (1 tram stop from Centrum) but was always tempted to go to Krowarzywa instead of trying something new. I had a great breakfast there (yummy tofu scramble), great coffee, the staff was beyond friendly and the atmosphere is nice, too: nicely decorated, enough space to sit and talk. On Sundays they also offer brunch, so that's on my list for next time. Be sure to check their facebook as they also host special events like a pizza friday (apart from that, vegan pizza is nonexistent in Warsaw)

Instant Hit - Edit

It's getting ridiculous, I am dishing out 5 stars on yet another veggie place in my beloved Warszawa. Could not believe my luck. Once again the day before going home a new veggie place in Warszawa appears on Happy Cow and it was a short walk from our hotel. This place is an instant hit. Absolutely LOVED it! I tell you that for free. Gorgeous interior, funky and stylish but minimalist all the same. You walk down the stairs from street level into a vegan paradise. The kitchen is clean and fresh, everything about this place is so likeable. The food was superb. We had amazing carrot burgers served with roasted potatoes. Vegan mayo, chutney and ketchup to complement. This was washed down with a glass of white wine and a bottle of Raciberskie Polish beer. Try this beer if you ever get a chance. The whole thing came to the approx equivalent of 11 GBP. Lovely staff, lovely restaurant - everything is good and well here. Things that grow from the ground taste so good you know!!

Pros: food, prices , interior

Return to Warsaw Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: W Gruncie Rzeczy closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3933 times since Dec 2013.