Vx

Contact n/a

123 East St, Bristol, England, BS3 4ER

Vegan variety store & fast food coffee cafe. It's part of the Vegan Cross chain. Selling a set menu including kebabs, burgers and nachos, as well as coffee and cake. Some places to sit insid. Sells a variety of vegan foodstuff as well shoes, pet snacks, books, and clothing. Has SSOV produced t-shirts, hoodies, bags, and accessories. Opened here Dec 2015 and is the 2nd shop to the one in London. Open Mon-Thu 10:00am-5:30pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-6:00pm, Sun 11:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by fatboythick

perfect for the vegan on road - Edit

This place was just ideal for a quick grub up and had loads of take out snacks, sanwhiches, fake meats and cheeses, aswell as sweet snacks like cookies and muffins. Some cool merchandise is also available like mugs and fridge magnets. Met with kind staff. Cool and quirky, a great spot to chill out or take out.

Pros: loads of variety, quirky , plenty of take outs for food on road

Cons: slightly small cafe , not so many healthier options

Perfect! - Edit

This place is perfect! Unbelievably delicious, high quality food which tastes like the non vegan versions but better. Stupidly cheap and a huge choice! Cakes, cookies, merigues, pies, tarts, burgers, burritos, kebab, barbeque wraps, a range of ice creams, quesadillas and a range of other things are on sale along with stocking SSOV merchandise and vegan products from across the globe! (including foreign cheeze!) Definitely go if you aren't a health freak or have non vegan friends who want to learn... Hehe.

Pros: Tons to chose from, Cheap, So delicious

love this place. πŸ¦„ - Edit

Staff are mega friendly and helpful.
I take my girls in here (my eldest calls it the unicorn cafe) πŸ’•πŸ¦„
I love the savoury tart and cakes !! The almond latte is also a favourite of mine.
Very dog friendly too. Took my 🐢🐢 in and they enjoyed the fuss.
The only thing that's missing is an option of sides - sweet potato fries or a butternut squash salad, but that's being mega fussy.
Will continuing visiting at least once a week.

Vegan junk food - Edit

We were recommended to try Vx when visiting Bristol. I was surprised at the location, it's not central to Bristol city centre.

There's a varied menu available but not extensive choices. We opted for the loaded nachos, hot dog and kebab wrap. Service was extremely quick. All were fine, it's quick, filling, vegan junk food and doesn't pretend to be anything else. I took away some cake, determined to not miss out. The cakes here are huge!

I was expecting a wider range of goods for sale. But picked up several different vegan cheeses I hadn't seen locally recently. Prices seemed a little bit higher than other stores I frequent.

Staff were great. Friendly, welcoming and attentive.

Pros: Very quick service, Staff

Cons: Location , Prices a little higher than other stores

Great little find! - Edit

Staff were lovely, cakes were delicious and savoury junk food very tasty. It was a great atmosphere and I felt very welcome bringing my wee dog in too.

Pros: Cakes are AMAZING , Dog friendly , Sell an array of vegan groceries

Cons: The burgers and hotdogs were a bit plain

I must of caught them on a bad day! - Edit

Just to state that I'm always very fair when reviewing cafes/restaurants. I've been vegan for best part of a yr now, I was passing through Bristol and was excited to try Vx as there is a lack of any vegan places where I live. To start with the positives: the staff are friendly, the place is nice/clean. They stock a couple of refrigerators of goods that you cannot get elsewhere. The milkshake was great. Unfortunately, I had the Vx burger and it was floppy and undercooked. If you're going to cook a burger then you'd expect it to have a bit of texture and flavour from being grilled or griddled, and this was soft and tasteless. My partner had the quesadilla and he said it was fine. We bought an ice cream sandwich to take away and it tasted a little bit stale. I really hate to give them negatives, like I say, I think caught them on a quite afternoon. I would say if you're going to advertise yourself as providing Vegan junk food, then do it well. Will revisit if passing but not sure I would go out of my way as I have today. If so I will update this next time...

Pros: It's a full Vegan cafe! Well done to them., They're friendly and have good product knowledge., Excellent range of vegan foods for sale.

Cons: You cannot get a full meal, no sides, no fries, no, Ask for your burger to be well done!

Vegan Junk Food heaven! - Edit

Not all vegans just eat salad and juice, not all vegans are obsessed with raw food and "clean living"... this is why VX exists, and it's great! Admittedly when I went there it had a kinda limited menu, so I am giving it a 4 for that reason, but it may upgrade to a 5 if I go again and see more options :) They have a fridge section where I bought a block of fantastic cheese (Jeezo brand) which you can't buy anywhere else in Bristol as far as I know... it was brilliant for toasties!

Pros: Vegan junk food!

Cons: not many options

fab! - Edit

Having given up on London VX because of the incredibly rude, cliquey staff I was so happy to find the staff at Vx Bristol so lovely!
I was really impressed by the gluten free cakes!
Really fantastic in there!

vegan heaven! - Edit

was so excited to hear they were opening in Bristol, the only bad point is that it's not central but the food choices are heavenly.
so far I have had hot dog, cakes, nachos, toasties and the eclairs have nothing bad to say. good delicious indulgent food, great for a pick me up. can't wait to visit again when in Bristol again. the staff seem pleasant too.

Pros: delicious, nice staff, plenty of options and favourites

Cons: not central

Enjoy!! - Edit

The antidote to cheerless, earnest eating! An oasis of animal-friendliness on a suburban street (Bedminster), this place is lovely- tasty 'junk' food, pleasant surroundings, impish good humour; what more do you want? Make the trip, it's worth it. Try the chocolate eclairs; they are everything we're told we don't do.

Pros: Nice Secret Society of Vegans decor, tasty food, friendly service

Cons: it's not in Birmingham

Vegan fast food heaven - Edit

South Bristol's new Vegan cafe is already popular... and no wonder... great wholesome fast food.. kebabs... hot dogs... toasties... etc... yummy cakes and friendly staff and brill chilled & frozen section..... already seating has been increased due to its popularity.....

Pros: Quick stop and good value

Return to Bristol Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vx closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.