Vulcan Thai Cafe

510-536-6303

915 45th Ave (at San Leandro St), Oakland, California, USA, 94601

Serves meat, vegan options available. Curries can be made with tofu. Vegetarian/vegan options listed on menu. Ask for item to be made vegan and request can be granted. Open Mon-Thu 9:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Lski48

Great food in an unusual neighborhood. - Edit

I went here with my husband and 2 daughter who are all omnivores while I am vegan so it was a great compromise. The neighborhood was very sketchy and we were apprehensive but when you make the last turn onto 45th which is really an alleyway between 2 buildings it got much better. Inside is simply furnished but clean and the staff was very pleasant and accomodating. I had the pad Thai without fish sauce and egg. It was a little more spicy than I am used to but very good and the veggies were very fresh. I also had the vegie spring rolls with tofu. they have an awesome fresh green chili sauce to dip in. I actually saw the cook out front picking fresh mint for the spring rolls. They were very fresh and very good. Everyone in our party was happy with their meal. I say it was worth a trip to sketchy part of town.

Pros: Will work with you to organize menu.

Cons: neighborhood

Tasty! - Edit

Right next to the Vulcan. Great place to eat. The food tastes pretty good. They have the best pumpkin curry dish.
It is very nice place to sit outside, a lot of decorative plants. Too bad they serve meat.
Updated from previous review on Friday December 06, 2013

Return to Oakland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vulcan Thai Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.