Vromage

• FRIEND
  • ( 44 reviews )

7988 W Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, California, USA, 90046

Artisan vegan cheese shop serving baguette sandwiches and flatbread pizzas. Each day a variety of nut-made cheeses are displayed in the deli case. Try the cheese sampler with baguette. Has seating for a few to dine-in. Est. since 2014. Open Wed-Sat 11:30am-7:30pm, Sun 11:30am-6:30pm.

Categories: Vegan, Organic, Western, Take-out, European

First Review by SonjaCPA

adri.smithson

Points +96

05 Sep 2021

We are from Florida and placed an order for overnight shipping. We ordered the following: veganzola, mozzarella, cranberry goat, Camembert and chorizo. Service was amazing, shipping was super fast ($65 though of course), and our vegan cheese board was amazing! The best was the mozzarella; it felt and tasted like traditional mozz. Next best was the Camembert; my young kids loved that one on crackers with fig jam. Next was the combo of chorizo and veganzola. There Zola didn't quite feel like real gorgonzola, but the flavor was great. I was even wishing it to be even more "moldy" than it was. Their chorizo flavors were amazing and not too spicy. These last two were best together and in sandwiches the next day. Last was the cranberry goat. No complaints, just a texture issue for me personally. The taste was spot on. The prices are a little high overall, imo, but for a special treat, it's worth a splurge. Thank you, Vromage, for a wonderful treat!

Pros: Amazing options

Cons: Expensive

SynthVegan

Points +8443

28 Aug 2021

Vromage

Absolutely amazing vegan artisanal cheeses. Even got my non-vegan friend hooked on this place. I've come here a few times over the years while visiting, the vegan cheese is always just so delicious! Also, super nice owner.

Updated from previous review on 2021-08-28

emilyr24

Points +191

07 May 2021

So yummy!

We got the caprese & spicy cheddar sandwiches! So good, even the bread and oil on the sandwich. Guy didn’t wear his mask properly but I wasn’t concerned about it.

StaceyFerreira

Points +18

02 May 2021

Will definitely be back!!

Vromage was an absolutely incredible experience! I arrived with my boyfriend for the first time after finding Vromage on Instagram, and WOW!! The owner greeted us and walked us through all the handmade, fresh vegan cheeses he had available for purchase. They all looked SO good, so we purchased almost one of everything! The mozzarella, brie and goat were to die for! The owner was so kind in telling us his story, how he got into the business of making vegan cheeses by hand and how he started his company.

The vegan cheese tasted INCREDIBLE! I’m excited to go back this week and get a vegan sandwich/pizza, too!

ReneeNButtercup

Points +1124

24 Apr 2021

Excellence!

I am ashamed at how long I have been wanting to visit this shop and haven't out of pure laziness of driving. Well I am over that and Vromage is well worth the hour drive up and the nearly 2 hour drive back to Orange County. Yes Pre-Covid traffic is back.

The shop is tiny and but clean and neat and the customer service is excellent and personable. Oh and the cheese is amazing. My daughter and I ordered mozzarella and chive goat cheeze as well as a caprice sandwich to share. Youssef was amazing and showed us out sandwich before wrapping it up it was beautiful. We probably should have saved the packaging, because we at it in our car in the parking lot. This morning I made a goat cheeze avocado toast and tonight will be a caprice salad or perhaps a cheeze plate is in order. Oh I will be back for this new and amazing addiction.

Pros: everything

Cons: Parking is tight

sandinmybra

Points +24

26 Mar 2021

My favorite sandwich ✨

A lovely and personable experience here. The baguette is perfectly crispy and the mozzarella is amazing. Everything tastes fresh 🌟

losangela

Points +242

19 Dec 2020

All kinds of vegan cheese!

The owner's really proud of his creations.

Prajna

Points +2250

28 Oct 2020

Delicious!

Delicious cheeses! Really!
Buy a baguette, add feta and olive oil and you're in heaven.
The owner is from Lebanon, grew up in Casablanca and Paris.
Not to be missed.

Chia

Points +3635

Vegetarian
21 Oct 2020

Cheese Addicts Take Note

Greater Los Angeles residents have an alternative to dairy cheese, and it's called Vromage. This place is a gem for vegetarians and vegans who want to eat really delicious, cruelty-free cheeses. I've tried multiple varieties as well the fresh baked baguette. Each cheese type has its distinct flavor and taste so good. I feel all right after eating them, too. A friend told me that owner use organic nuts to make the cheese and in a very healthy way without smoking them.

kenvegan

Points +11503

24 May 2020

You Will Love This Vegan Cheese! /LA Gem!

Los Angeles finally has all-vegan cheese shop. I had been waiting for this place to open for months, and finally got a chance to try. The owner of this small shop, Youssef, greeted me with a smile when I walked in to his small shop/restaurant, and asked if I wanted to try any of his many vegan cheese. He showed me that he purchase organic macadamia and cashew nuts for his vegan cheeses. This is definitely a major plus for me. I ended up ordering an assorted platter of all of his cheeses with a French baguette. Although he was out of his hard cheeses, his soft cheese were just delicious. I cannot say I had a favorite, because all of his cheeses are just wonderfully perfect. I couldn't stop with just a cheese platter, and decided to order a pizza. Youssef's pizzas are not like pizzas you are probably accustomed to. He uses a hard flat bread, coats them with his soft cheese, and puts tomatoes, argula and basil on top. I have added the Vromage pizza to my top favorite dishes in LA list. So fresh, flavorful, and just fantastic. Although I was quite full at this point, I wanted to try a sandwich. The sandwich was very simple, with just some lettuce, tomato, and cheese, but a very tasty snack. There are just a few tables to eat in this small shop, so not meant for big groups or parties, but it is perfect for a quick, delicious, gourmet bite to eat. I will definitely be returning to Vromage. I highly recommend this store/restaurant. Returned during Covid 19. His pizzas are fantastic! They need to be reheated at home.

Pros: Perfect vegan cheese, Very clean restaurant, friendly and helpful owner

Danielleharel187

Points +16

02 May 2020

Best sandwiches on the planet!

The cheese is so freaking good! My favorite is the goat cheese sandwich, OMG! Highly recommended!!

LiveVegan

Points +28

16 Jan 2020

Worth a stop

Best pesto sandwich! After sampling cheeses, bought one of each! Cheeses were good with a variety of flavors & textures.

Pros: Great way to create your cheese board , Samples! Samples! , Very nice guy passionate about his craft

Cons: A bit confusing on how to order, where to sit

tstark_11

Points +82

03 Jan 2020

Took me back to italy

This was the best vegan cheese I’ve had since going vegan. If you’re looking for a fresh delicious meal I highly recommend. The mozzarella is so amazing I bought 2 packs of it after my meal. The man working there was so generous he even threw in 2 free baguettes in our order after we discussed how we were going to use the cheese in our meals. Very good service and a lot of care put into our meal.

SonyaPK1

Points +32

Herbivore
14 Nov 2019

Great variety and hospitality

It’s a great little vegan cheese shop that also serves things like vegan sandwiches, and vegan pâté (which is absolutely delicious!). You can order online or in store. There’s a good variety of cheeses and they each have their own distinct flavor. The owner is very friendly and knowledgeable, but service can take longer than usual if it’s busy as I think it may just be him working. Personally, I think the price point is on par with non-vegan cheese shops, but if you’re not expecting that you might suffer slight “sticker shock”.

Pros: Lots of variety, Friendly and knowledgeable owner, Generous and delicious samples

Cons: Small strip mall parking, Small interior with very limited seating

k8james

Points +47

27 Oct 2019

Best Vegan Cheese ever!!

Must try is the caprese baguette, so delicious!! So many varieties of vegan cheese - the truffle cheese is incredible! Whether you are vegan or not you will love this place!

Professor

Points +249

01 Jun 2019

Sadly underwhelming

I was really looking forward to this place, but the cheeses I tried were spongy and tastless. I wouldn't let my experience put you off, maybe it's gotten better since I was there in summer 2018, but I've had better cheeses.

ThomasRodriguez

Points +33

Mostly Veg
22 May 2019

What I as waiting for so long

Cheese for me, and many others was the hardest part to let go. I was so excited to try out this one and I was not disappointed, I love it. Everybody who is struggling with cheese and dairy products should try out this one.

dk1brentwood

Points +20

08 Aug 2018

Best cheese

Wow !!! I can’t find the words. I’m so happy to have found you.

Pros: European vibe , Friendly , Made with love

jmlupariello

Points +88

07 Aug 2018

Yummy

I didn’t try any of the actual menu options, but got a small portion of both cheddar and mozzarella. It was a little on the expensive side for the amount I got, but delicious. I really enjoyed that all ingredients are simple and listed on the package, and that it’s all run by the adorable owner.

NSmoke

Points +130

07 Aug 2018

Delicious!

Oh My God! I just had the best vegan cheese of my life from here! I can't believe some of the different cheeses I tried were not actual dairy! This Mozzarella sandwich was amazing. I also walked away with a couple ounces of Cheddar and some crackers to snack on. And, the artist who makes the cheese, Youssef, was a wonderfully kind and considerate man. I could talk to him for hours I'm sure. I'll definitely be back!

vegangal123

Points +31

21 Jul 2018

If you have celiac be careful

The food was good but after 2 hours I was throwing up like crazy. If you have severe celiac like I do please do not have their gluten free bread. The owner will also not say the exact ingredients of the bread or where the bread is from. Be careful!

vromage

02 Sep 2018

Sorry to hear you had complications with severe celiac. The gluten free bread made from Oat .buckwheat white rice flower .

The bread made at a facility produce regular gluten bread and pastries.
I am sorry for for your experience .thank you for your review and warning i will make note to inform others that the bread may contain trace of gluten .

dmspill

Points +72

08 Jul 2018

Great “cheeses” and fun owner

Excellent and tasty sandwiches, we had the pepper jack and mozzarella. Great discussion with the owner as well. Highly recommend...

Pros: The cheeses!, The sandwiches!, The conversation!

Hgirlrice

Points +461

18 Jun 2018

Best cheeses

The cheeses were great and the owner was very nice. He let us try all the cheeses and told us all about how he made them. We got a mozzarella, brie and ricotta (plus a baguette). Will definitely have to stop back next time we are over the hill! We made the mushroom sauce he suggested for dinner. It was so rich and creamy (hard to believe its vegan!)

Pros: All vegan (made from nuts), Small business

Cons: A bit expensive (but handmade in small batches!)

alibutterworth

Points +36

23 May 2018

Best vegan cheese ever !

Grabbed a quick pepper jack and mozzarella Sandwich and was blown away how delicious it was ! The baguette was such a compliment to the sandwich as well ! Grabbed cheese to go for the house ❤️

sdriscoll

Points +55

12 Apr 2018

The shop was small

The shop was small and set up to mainly sell plain cheese rather than sandwiches. I got a sandwich with "goat cheese" and my friend got one with "mozzarella." Both were good, but not worth the price. Miyoko's is much better.

vromage

31 May 2018

We are Dairy free cheese shop not a restaurant we sell high end vegan cheeses and we make Sandwiches we are known for our quality ingredients we use organic nuts. Macadamia almond Cashews and fresh truffles.
we do Not use Soy No miso No Nutritional yeast and No Coconut oil.

greengreengoddess

Points +16

03 Apr 2018

Absolutely delicious!

Vromage is a little gem of Hollywoof! Delicious cheeses that are second to none. Pricey but worth it...artisanal melts in your mouth. Josef is the best! So much fun to visit! Highly recommend!

Pros: The cheese, The owner, The vibe

sarahssoares

Points +831

27 Mar 2018

Wonderful place

A revolutionary place with artisan and wonderful vegan cheeses, sold in weight. A highlight for goat type. They also serve sandwiches, I ate one with cheddar which was wonderful. No words.

Return to West Hollywood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vromage closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.