Vrienden Van

Contact +31-624860945

Nauwe Noordehorne 30a, Sneek, Netherlands, 8601 cz

Serves meat, vegan options available. Includes vegetarian dishes and vegan is possible on request. Open Wed-Sun.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, International, Italian, Thai, Mediterranean, Mexican, Asian, Caribbean, European, French, Non-veg

First Review by AvocadoKid

Great experience! - Edit

For my friends birthday party we decided to go out for dinner in a new bar in the centre of my hometown, Sneek (Friesland, The Netherlands). The weather was awesome and we just came back from a full day of sailing in the local lakes here. So the first hour we enjoyed the last little bit of heat from the sun before going inside to start our dinner.

I send them a message on FB to tell them I was a vegan and would love to eat there. They responded extremely fast and told me their chef would create something special for us (a little trick I might do more often, to really get a creative dish from a (mostly) non vegan chef).

When we arrived the staff was informed as well and we didn’t even need to take time to see what we would eat. The entrance was a mixed mushroom soup, which was very tasty. Together with a special type of flatbread, filled with avocado, rucola, pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes and maybe more (can’t recall it all after a long night of partying).

The main dish where mushrooms and vegetables wrapped in a cowl and baked. Served together with a salad. I really enjoyed it but this is the second time I ate here and both time the dishes where very heavy on mushrooms. I hope next time they will create something new. However, it tasted amazing! Well worth going out for dinner for.

For dessert, we shared a raspberry ice cream on a bed of strawberry. Which I think was way to sweet. However, this could be my personal taste pupils that are extremely sensitive to sugar now I haven’t been eating healthier in general.

Overall, we where very happy with the food and the atmosphere. We will definitely go back. If you are in Friesland. Definitely go and try out the piano bar.

Pros: Vegan friendly, creative chef

Cons: Music can be to loud when you sit nearby the piano

Super friendly and good food! - Edit

A local restaurant that just opened in my hometown. On Friday and Saturday they have live piano with a great atmosphere.

There regular menu didn't show any vegan options but after sending a message on FB they responded really quickly that they can make e special menu for us.

The food was absolutely amazing! The creativity from the chef, who is not vegan, was inspiring. Starting with a beet carpaccio with rucula and herbs and seeds with a lemon dressing.
The main dish where three little bites. A small mushroom lassagna, grilled fennel with musrooms and a patato cake.

We really enjoyed the experience and the passion the chef putted into making a special menu for us that was not just a simple salad and soup.

A great experience and we are coming back soon!

Pros: Great people, vibes, Creative chef, Tasty

Return to Sneek Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vrienden Van closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 130 times since May 2016.