Cafe Vreigeist

Contact 21616206705

Eickener Strasse 132, Monchengladbach, Germany, 41061

Est. 2014 as Cafe Balu and re-branded to Vreigeist in 2015; same ownership. It's a vegan cafe that makes pies and cakes and offers weekly changing dishes. Open Wed-Thu 12:00pm-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-9:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Mediterranean, Bakery, Catering, European

First Review by x-0-dos

Vreigeist - a very nice vegan café - Edit

Café Balu --> Vreigeist, veganes Café!
Same owner, just name change to make clear it is a full vegan Bistro/café

Daily changing menu, or regular dishes in kebab style. all you need or expect from small café next door

Pros: reasonable prices (affordable), delicous cakes

Vegan döner :) - Edit

We went there with my girlfriend about a week ago and we really enjoyed being there.
We enjoyed the decoration and the typical 'vegan place' vibe. Simply friendly and welcoming.
They have mostly 'döner like' foods and actually the seitan döner was very interesting. Everything we had was very delicious, especially the chocolate cake. :)
We also found the portions generous and the prices very modest. Too bad it's 90km away from where we live.
To look for some cons: maybe the menu cold be a bit more varied but in the meantime a short menu and a small kitchen equals fresh, good quality food. :)

Pros: Welcoming, Delicious, Generous and Not expensive

Small café with tasty food and drinks - Edit

A friend of mine told me about the Café Balu, so I had to pay it a visit. The Balu is a small location with a few seats in- and outdoor in a calm pedestrian area. The friendly waitress hands out the menu and a lists of beverages, each contained in a picture frame - isn't that lovely.
There is a nice selection of foods, breakfast, several doner and pita varieties and finger food. The prices are average, but regarding the size of the portions fair.

The drinks and food came quite fast on each of my visits, and it was tasty and usually plenty. So no growling stomach half an hour later.

Thinking about cons... If you like standardized dishes, you might be surprised, because you might not always get the exact same dish.

Pros: Decent prices, Nice menu, Friendly staff

Return to Monchengladbach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Vreigeist closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.