Vöner der Vegetarische Döner

Contact 03099265423

Boxhagener Str. 56, Friedrichshain, Berlin, Germany, 10245

Casual fast food such as seitan slices cut from a rotating kebab spit, wagenburgers, vöner kebabs, fries, bio burgers, and various sauces. Reported all vegan as of Jul 2012. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 1:30pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, German

First Review by hack_man

Excellent kebabs - Edit

This place does really good seitan 'doner' kebabs at really reasonable prices. We ate a doner with delicious bread and seitan and fries. The food tastes really fresh.

Voner is in a great location close to a metro station and not far from Oranienstrasse and Warschauer strasse.

It gets busy here at lunchtime and there's minimal seating inside.

Great for takeaways.

Organic supermarket (not vegan) across the road.

Pros: Cheap!, Good portion size, Location

Cons: cramped when busy

You have to try this! - Edit

The vegan doner is just as tasty as it looks, it's also really reasonably priced and the staff were friendly.
The cheesy fries were delicious and the cafe is in a good location - definitely worth visiting.

Döner at its best - Edit

This was the best Döner I've ever had and I was not disappointed. Came here for the first time back in 2011 it is just gets better and with more interesting items. Of you're craving for mean fast food this is the place to go.

Adiós Falafel - Edit

Por fin vuelvo a comer un durum como Allah manda.
Entendedme, los falafel están buenísimos pero de tanto usarlos se me han gastado las ganas y la "carne" tipo kebab de aquí está tan conseguida que me ha dejado feliz por 100 años.
Tienen hasta el pincho para poner el seitan y cortarlo.
En cuanto a las salsas, me ha hecho super feliz volver a comer la salsa blanca típica de los kebabs.
Lo único que no me gustó tanto fue el pan que hizo que se me desmorada un poco.
Igualmente, muymuymuy recomendable si echáis de menos los kebabs !!!

SO GOOD - Edit

Delicious vegan döner place. You have to go if you're in Berlin ! My boyfriend and I went two days in a row ! We got the voner and the pommes spezial. The cheese sauce on the pommes spezial is to die for !!

Pros: Cheap, Delicious

Huuuge portions! - Edit

I don’t think you can come to Berlin and not have a Vöner ;) Vöner is the plant-based alternative to Döner – meat on a rotisserie. We also had the special fries with a cheesy sauce and caramelized onions, which was absolutely delicious. The portions are huge!

Pros: Huge portions, Special fries are amazing!

Amazing Vegan Döner - Edit

Before I was vegan (or vegetarian) I loved Döner. I've tried different vegan döners (or food that should resemble it), but Vöner is by far the best. Some vegans will dislike the fact that they even have it on the typical spinning griller, but I love it. As if that's not enough, they serve amazing cheesy fries on the side.

Pros: VEGAN DÖNER, Really tasty, Affordable

Currywurst - Edit

My partner really likes Vöner, and we always make at least one visit every time we´re in Berlin. From what I understand, the majority of the food contains soya or nuts, which makes it difficult for me to find anything other than chips and a salad to eat. My partner is always really satisfied with the currywurst, cheesy sauce, chips, and caramelised onions.

Pros: Friendly staff, Cheap food

Cons: Don´t mark their food with common allergens

Vegan kebab - Edit

If you're in Berlin, you have to try this. It's like a typical kebab place but completely vegan.

Overall the food was great. The seitan was a bit dry, but the tasty garlic tahini sauce made up for that.

Looking for some greasy cheap vegan food? This is the place to be.

Pros: Friendly staff, cheap food

More than a kebab - Edit

We were requested by a reader to review vöner for 80kebabs.com

Their attention to detail and dedication to full-on veganism made this one of our best reviews:

Pros: homemade sauces, passionate people, chips

Cons: Seitan not juicy

VEGAN KEBAB - Edit

A revelation. Comes with chips, bread or wrap.

They also offer a burger and mock meat nuggets. The chips are good, as is the salad. Soft drinks and beer available. Good price for the quantity.

On past visits to Berlin I have also seen the odd sweet on the counter top (I had a cinnamon roll) but visited twice on my last trip and didn't see anything.

Voner is handy for Ostkrauz station. Beware it's busy evenings / weekends - you might have to take out.

Pros: Vegan kebab, Close proximity to Ostkreuz, Price

Cons: Busy at weekends, No dessert

Best vegan Fastfood. Ever! - Edit

I looove vöner. I love the atmosphere and the ffoooood is amazing. My faves are the Wagenburger and of course the Pommes Spezial! sit down with a coke and greasy fast food and just chill with a few friends :-) BUT be aware that at certain evenings, it will be so full that you'll have to wait for like an hour. Just come when it's not horribly stuffed ^-^

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vöner der Vegetarische Döner closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.