Voltaire

Contact 07415619267

25 Garth Rd, Bangor, Wales, LL57 2SE

Vegan restaurant offering sharing platters and tapas. Dairy items on the menu refer to vegan alternatives. Displays local artists' work. Open Tue-Sat 12:00pm-10:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, British, European

First Review by lesleyt

Friendly service, delicious vegan food - Edit

Lovely little vegan restaurant with a friendly vibe. The staff were friendly and accommodating and the food was amazing! The mushrooms in creamy (vegan) white wine sauce with garlic bread is possibly the most delicious food I've eaten since going vegan several years ago. I had a Mexican burger for main course, which filled me up nicely without leaving me feeling too stuffed. There were loads of other dishes we wanted to try, so a good reason to visit Bangor again another time!

Pros: Wide choice of food, Delicious vegan food, Friendly staff

Cons: It's a bit small, so book ahead

Only vegan café/restaurant in Wales - Edit

Voltaire is the only fully vegan café and restaurant in Wales. It is located near the pier and offers sweet and savoury dishes and drinks. The space itself is very cosy, warm and inviting. The staff is super friendly and helpful and the prices are moderate. I ordered a tortilla wrap w/ tomatoes, spring onions and vegan cheese, a non-alcoholic Mojito and then later a Soy latte and fruit crumble, all for 14 pounds. Everything was delicious, especially the fruit crumble that came w/ vegan vanilla ice cream. The only low point was the service is a little slow at times: When I asked for the menu again they forgot me as well as my second order, which is not very professional. Overall, I really enjoyed my time there and hope that Voltaire will remain in the future.

Pros: Vegan only & delicious, Friendly & helpful staff, Cosy and warm space

Cons: Slow service

altogether beautiful! - Edit

I'm new to becoming a vegetarian and very close to becoming a vegan. Myself, my husband and son ate here last night and we were so impressed with the very friendly staff, amazing tasty food and just the overall experience of eating here! We are going back tonight! The 9 bean chilli is gorgeous and the Shanghai noodle dish delicious too! And the fudge cake.. Best you'll ever taste! I would recommend everyone to eat here, vegan/veggie or not!

Pros: everything

Cons: none

Literally my favourite restaurant on Earth! - Edit

I absolutely adore Voltaire, and visit more often than I care to admit! The food gets better and better with each visit, with more items being added to the menu all the time.
The food is always of a phenomenal standard, in addition to Voltaire having a lovely atmosphere with the nicest staff.
The chocolate fudge cake is the best damn cake you'll come across! You'd be mad to pass through North Wales and not stop by.

Pros: Phenomenal menu, best cake ever, friendly staff

Cons: Seriously. None.

Slow and steady wins the race! - Edit

We booked a table earlier in the day for 8pm as we wanted to avoid disappointment. One of the owners thought it would be a quiet night but when we arrived they had picked up quiet a few walk-ins and there was a nice atmosphere.

We had to wait a little while for menus and the food to arrive but we presume that they haven't quite found their tempo yet as they've only been open four months.

The food was well presented (we've uploaded a picture). Our starter was the cauliflower and mushroom, it was a good vegan equivalent of the battered balls you get at a chinese takeaway with a tasty szechuan sauce. We then had the burrito which comes out on a big wooden board with lots of sides and the "Big badaboom" burger. They were both extremely delicious and tasted very fresh. The burger patties had a consistency very similar to ground beef. We were offered a good selection of sauces for dipping.

We finished off with the chocolate fudge cake based on the review we read on here. The ginger cake sounded really good and in hindsight we probably should have tried both but we were feeling pretty full!

The owners were really friendly and it was really good to see them doing so well, it was quite inspiring. It's great to eat in a fully vegan restaurant worry free.

Pros: Generous Portions, Well presented, Fully vegan!

Cons: Not the fastest service in the world but well wort

Great vegan food in Bangor, North Wales. - Edit

This vegan restaurant serves a great choice of food which is all cooked and served beautifully.If you are visiting this area,it is well worth a visit, they are open from 12 noon to 10.30pm but between 3pm and 5pm only afternooon tea/cakes are served and are closed Sundays and Mondays. The food is both healthy and tasty and will appeal to both health conscious vegans and those who like to enjoy good food knowing they have caused no harm to either animals or the environment. The chocolate fudge cake with ice cream is wonderful!

Pros: Excellent food choice, Good value and good portions., Very friendly proprietors

Cons: none

Return to Bangor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Voltaire closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1802 times since Apr 2016.