First Review by chrissydome

a dream for every organic/vegan/vegetarian in Würzburg - Edit

I come here regularly with my friends for lunch, they have 2 main meals every day, at least one is vegan. And oh my, I love it! So delicious, and the prize is totally ok for what you get (good portion size and all organic!). They also have vegan ice cream in summer, and almost all of their bakery products are whole grain. Oh, and everything they sell is organic of course!

Pros: cozy atmosphere, in the heart of the city, almost

Wonderful Breakfast - Edit

Thus far, I have spent less than a week in Würzburg and have already been to Köhlers three times. The first time I was way too full from lunch at the mensa to eat anything here but I saw all of the vegan options and vowed to return. My second time I got coffee and a chocolate banana which was wonderful! Just this morning I ordered the vegan breakfast platter which was amazing but way too much food; however, I did manage to eat it all :) It consisted of 5 different breads, marmalade, margarine, a pesto? spread, a hummus spread, a soy yogurt with fruit (which was delicious), chopped veggies and slices of vegan bratwurst. By far one of the most delicious and filling breakfasts I have ever eaten. I can't wait to go back to try their chocolate chili ice cream!

Pros: delicious, friendly, speak english

Cons: a little expensive, not enough seating

good whole-grain bakery - Edit

great bakery products: breads and rolls are mostly vegan and some cakes as well. most of the products are whole-grain as well.
the lunch meals are tasty as well, but a little too expensive.
delicious ice cream (half of it vegan as well) in summer!!

Pros: whole-grain, various vegan products, vegan lunch

Cons: little too expensive

great vegan breakfast - Edit

I was there for breakfast and was offered a vegan breakfast a la carte but decided to take a sandwich and a cake (all vegan as well).
They also offer soymilk and - if you ask for it and pay a little more - almond milk for coffee. The latte macchiato with almond milk was delicious.
Also very nice people behind the counter.

Pros: some vegan food, nice place, nice people

Delicious and comfy! - Edit

I'm a regular at Vollkornbäckerei Köhler. They have a couple of vegan cakes there and also serve vegan meals during lunchtime and vegan sandwiches all day. You can even get a vegan breakfast plate (including rolls, different spreads, soy yoghurt with fruit and oatflakes...).
When you go in there you are welcomed by the friendly staff who are all happy to help you. They usually know exactly what's in their products and are very patient.
I highly recommend going there!

Pros: vegan food, competent staff, cosy atmosphere

Cons: serve meat

Return to Wurzburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vollkornbackerei Kohler - Karmelitenstr. closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.