VO2 Vegan Cafe

• Friend
617-492-2233

1001 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, 02138

Vegan cafe at the front of O2 Yoga Studio's Cambridge location since 2013. Specializes cruelty-free casual fare from sandwiches and soups to pastries and smoothies. Also in the space is a retail store selling US-made products plus a wellness center offering massage, acupuncture, and chiropractic services. Take Red line to Harvard or Central T stop. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out

First Review by lemonswirl

excellent!!! - Edit

Had the pesto panini, "club", strawberry cream cheese on a bagel, green monstah smoothie and the BLONDIE. Food was great, staff was friendly and food was made quick in front of us. Everything came w a little side of tortilla chips and their homemade nacho cheese... SO good!

Great lunch spot - Edit

Great vegan cafe at the front of a yoga studio. Very tasty hot and cold sandwhiches, lots of nachos, soups and also a fair selection of cakes and vegan chocolates. Smoothies too if you're looking for something healthier! Great spot for lunch :).

Pros: Fully vegan, Very tasty!, Free wifi

super friendly - Edit

first, that chocolate smoothie alone is worth the trip there. the staff is super friendly and ive liked everything ive ordered there. the breakfast burrito is probably my favorite and im a sucker for the nachos cause their house cheese is great too.

Pros: friendly, lots of sandwich options, healthy and conscious food

Cons: not the place if youre in a rush

My favorite in Cambridge. - Edit

Any time of the day, i found my experience here awesome. Staff where kind, informative, and the food was awesome.

Pros: great value. great people. great food.

My go to place - Edit

I LOVE Vo2! Besides some of the tastiest vegan brunch foods in Cambridge (7 days a week!) the people are simply the best. Mimi is a goddess. I try to eat here at least once a week!

Pros: Amazing food!, Super nice people!, Did I mention the amazing food?

Pleasantly surprised - Edit

Came here for the first time today and was very happy with how good the food was compared to how inexpensive it was. Smoothies were expensive for the size but my loaded nachos were amazing. Would definitely come back.

Pros: Cute environment, Good food, Inexpensive

Cons: Expensive drinks, Not a lot of seating

I luv this place! - Edit

I'm not a regular but when I have time and I'm passing by I grab a snack, even two. Everything's awesome! The place the staff the food. I would recommend this place as a healthy fast-food, well, at least this is it for me Ha! Ha!, but you could defenetlly spend some time there, there's a nice environment and you will feel confortable.

Pros: Satisfying Prices, Delicious!

Cons: None from my point of view

Took a class and a bite! - Edit

It's a very chill environment right when you walk in. I took a yoga class which was very relaxing, and afterwards I looked at their cafe menu. All the smoothies looked tasty, I got the "Green Monstah" which was very refreshing and I could taste the ginger and apple very well. I also had a "Chuna Sandwich" which was very good. The chuna had pickles which aren't my favorite but to each his own. Overall, it was very enjoyable and I'd come back to try their famous sandwich or their breakfast burrito. :)

Pros: relaxed mood, friendly, tasty

Cons: little bit of a wait

Contributions +116

A funky little sandwich smoothie restaurant - Edit

A funky little sandwich smoothie restaurant. The kids like sitting on stools at the counter. We headed there after running the pre-marathon 5km as a family. The smoothies were great recovery drinks and we enjoyed the Panini style sandwiches as well. We took some baked goods to go including our favourite, vegan donuts. Maybe not the best idea before whale watching but they were delicious!

yummy donuts! - Edit

I stopped by here to try their vegan donuts and cupcakes a little while ago. Cupcakes were a little dry but donuts were awesome and had a cool tie dye design on them! They also had many vegan products that I loved to look through.

Pros: Cheap, Yummy , Awesome Environment/Great for Breakfast

Cons: Not lots of parking , Cupcakes were a bit dry but they may have been lef

Super - Edit

Has a great brunch here with satisfying food and friendly service. Lots to choose from and very healthy!

Great for Breakfast and Lunch - Edit

VO2 is perfect spot for a quick breakfast or lunch. The sandwiches are tasty and the staff is always friendly and helpful. The portions are not that big but the prices reflect that.

Pros: Nice atmosphere

My favorite breakfast - Edit

in the world. And I travel a lot. But every time I'm in Boston I take a trip to this nice place. I'm especially addicted to the Hyper Monkey Smoothie and the Banh Mimi Sandwich, but all the other things I tried so far were really yummy too.

good! - Edit

I came here once and had a sweet dessert...nice place good food!

Nice juice bar with food - Edit

Nice little place for lunch or breakfast. Juices and smoothies were very good and reasonably priced. Limited food menu, mostly sandwiches, nice looking pastries; but I usually avoid wheat. Great for snacks after yoga class, but not dinner. Pleasant atmosphere, lots of regular people/ staff.

Pros: juices and smoothies, snack bar atmosphere

Cons: lots of wheat dishes

Good veggie burger, disappointing chuna melt - Edit

I was really excited to go here, as it is the only completely vegan restaurant in Cambridge as far as I go. There are soups, smoothies, sandwiches, wraps, or there is the option of eating a sandwich as a salad, if you do not want to eat any bread. The veggie burger is really good but the Chuna Melt as a salad was very disappointing. I wanted to go for a healthy option, but the salad was really lacking flavor. The staff is incredibly nice but I did have to order at the counter and there weren't any knives. So I can definitely recommend the veggie burger for a quick bite, but it's not a great place for a healthy dinner or to really dine out. The prices were very reasonable.

Pros: great veggie burger, entirely vegan, friendly staff

Cons: no service at the table, no knives, chuna melt

Good food and friendly service - Edit

It's nothing earth-shattering, but the food here is good, fresh, and filling, and the service is friendly. It's a nice stop-in, if you're in the area.

Pros: No meat, Friendly

Good smoothies - Edit

Hyper Monkey is a great smoothie! Service is slow and menu has too many "fake meats," nothing really "healthy" on there but it all tastes really good!

Return to Cambridge Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has VO2 Vegan Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.