Vivo Bar and Grill

Contact +61-740590944

49 Williams Esplanade, Palm Cove, Queensland, 4879

Serves meat, vegan options available. Seaside restaurant in a tropical setting overlooking Palm Cove beach. Combines Australian, Mediterranean, and Asian cuisines. With a few days advance notice, kitchen will cater for vegans - let the staff know how many courses you require. Otherwise, a vegan meal without notice will be simple. Several vegetarian dishes are on the regular menu.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Asian, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by chantea

made set vegan menu for us! - Edit

Went there for valentines my girfriend organised all of it. And we had the nicest vegan set menu ever! Great service, great View, I will definitely go back there again!
Note: probably best to call ahead if you are vegan to see what they can make for you.

Pros: flexible , friendly staff, the view!

Cons: parking is limited

Staff Was Willing To Work With Me - Edit

I stopped in here while passing through from Cairns to Port Douglas, really hoping for something great. The town is definitely not the most vegan friendly.. I didn't see a vegan option on any menus, but the staff here was willing to work with me. They offered me bruschetta without cheese or pesto, but told me that it would just be tomatoes on toast. I recommended some fresh basil, and they were quite happy to oblige. They then offered me a pasta with gluten free noodles (the others all have egg), boiled veggies, and tomatoes. I recommended that they pan fry the veggies in olive oil and garlic and they thought that was a good idea. In the end, the meal was good, but not what I would expect for the price. Still everything in town is pricey, and this is a valid option. I will return it I'm in town again.

Pros: Willing To Help , Friendly Staff

Cons: No Vegan Options On Menu

Truly amazing for a special dinner - Edit

Vivo Bar and Grill was a favourite of ours when we travelled to Palm Cove, but when we went vegan we were concerned we'd no longer be able to eat there. After contacting the owner, we were assured we'd be catered for and as long as we gave a few days notice, they could make a three-course vegan meal.
As requested, we gave them about a week's notice and they customised a three-course meal. We asked them to do an entree and dessert expecting sorbet and bruschetta, but they went way above and beyond with a tomato and avocado gazpacho and a side of basil rice paper that was incredible, and dessert was a tofu brulee caramelised with palm sugar and drenched in dragon fruit consomme. It was simply amazing. We had thai green curry for the main, but the standouts were truly the rice paper and the brulee. It was astonishingly superb and exceeded our expectations.

We made another booking and our meal was put together by a different chef. Our second meal was another triumph. This time our entree was leek cannelloni filled with curried orange israeli cous cous, the main was quinoa and field mushroom stuffed peppers with an amazing stir fry and teriyaki glaze, dessert was a trio of coconut and kaffir lime blancmange, strawberry cheesecake and chocolate brownie. OH MY GOODNESS! We later discovered several staff had sampled the cheesecake and they loved it!

The waiting staff at Vivo are fantastic. They're attentive and they all were aware we were vegan before we arrived, so it was no issue and we didn't need to ask a million questions. The manager is so lovely. She came and chatted to us regularly and is just a warm and friendly person who is very attentive and considerate of her customers. We always feel very welcomed to Vivo, even if we can't order off the menu.

These awesome experiences are not isolated. Vivo's head chef Russell Molina made us an entire week's menu a few years ago. It was absolutely incredible and we ate there for nearly every meal. This time we were equally impressed by the executive chefs Tim and Steph.

Everyone at Vivo is very welcoming and highly attentive. They appreciate it when you are grateful for the meals they serve and I always try to make the effort to thank the chef personally, because in all honesty, they don't have to go the effort they do and could simply do the standard vegan fare. But they always manage to take it that next level and create something that is not only beautiful looking, but also artistic, original and delectable

Pros: Customised vegan menu, Incredible flavours and unique dishes, Brilliant service and high quality food

Cons: Have to give notice to get three courses

Return to Palm Cove Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vivo Bar and Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 699 times since Apr 2014.