Vivi's Vietnamese Noodle House

Contact 503-648-2300

1035 NE 25th Ave (at Cornell), Hillsboro, Oregon, USA, 97124

Serves meat, vegan options available. Simple little family-owned business. Menu includes around 4 labeled vegetarian dishes (which are likely vegan suitable, too). House-made sauces. Prices cheap to moderate. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Beer/Wine, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by berg22mel

Delicious food and great service - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised with the vermicelli bowls with lemongrass tofu and the other with crispy spring rolls. Both very delicious and very filling. They both seem to be vegan since they use soy sauce not fish sauce but it says vegetarian for some reason. Anyway, you'll love it here. Please give it a try

Pros: Great food at a great price with good service.

Lovely Place - Edit

I came to this place based on a recommendation from a fellow vegan. I have ordered the vermicelli bowl with springrolls every time, and it is always delicious! I really need to try there other vegan dishes. I like that this restaurant uses separate pans for their vegetarian dishes! They have a lovely garden to dine in during nicer weather!

So Delicious! - Edit

I have tried all of the items on the vegetarian side of the menu, and most seem to be very salty but fairly tasty. The fresh, locally made Tofu is fried perfectly on all sides and absolutely terrific. My two favorite items would have to be the fresh Spring Rolls and the Tamarind Soup (not sure of the official name), those seem to be the least salty items. They make their own sauces and it is a nice family-owned, clean place. There really aren't many vegan options in the area, so it's nice that they are there.

Pros: Fresh Tofu, Locally Owned, Home-made sauces

Cons: No Veg. Pho, Could be more veg things on the menu, SALTY

Delicious - Edit

From a strictly vegan perspective it was very good. I liked that they are conscientious to cook the vegan dishes separate than the meat items. A good place to go if you are wanting to go to dinner with a meat eater. There were about 4 maybe 5 very different from each other choices. I got the V5, which was a Spring Roll Vermicelli Bowl. It came with a soy sauce to put on it and I added some hot sauce too. If you follow "Eat to live" or Dr McDougall the spring roll was fried, maybe you could order it with the one that was not fried, or without it completely. If you're gluten free, it might be a good because of the rice noodles, that are delicious, but you wouldn't be able to add the soy sauce it comes with BUT, it does come on the side. Also for allergies, it comes with peanuts, once again, you could order without. I never seem to get enough vegies in my dishes, but this dish had a perfect amount. The atmosphere is wonderful and our waiter was very nice.I would definitely recommend it, and will be going back!
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 27, 2013

Pros: Great food, Great atmosphere, Cooks vegan dishes separate from meat

Cons: Limited vegan choices, Limited sauces

Fair to middling - Edit

Today I got a takeaway of three vegetarian dishes, which were fair to middling cuisine. The service, however, was quite friendly and helpful. They informed me that the restaurant does not serve veggie pho, which is a disappointment for a Vietnamese restaurant.
Updated from previous review on Sunday April 21, 2013

Updated from previous review on Sunday April 21, 2013

Pros: Friendly service

Cons: Fair to middling dishes, No veggie pho

Saturday Lunch - Edit

Went for the first time based on reviews I had read. I enjoyed my lunch very much. Seemed busy with both newcomers like us and with repeat customers who knew exactly what they wanted. Staff is very friendly and efficient, surroundings clean and simple. My husband and I both had the vegetarian tamarind soup and it was absolutely wonderful. Perfect blend of spices and fresh local produce was used. the broth was so flavorful and as someone else mentioned, the tofu is done to perfection. I tend to walk away dissappointed with how many places do not cook tofu to my liking, but not here! They put the cellaphane noodles in a separate covered little crock pot so you are able to determine how much you wish to put into your soups, which I think is a clever idea. I have eaten once before at a Vietnamese restaurant and did not care for it, so I just figured I didn't like that kind of food. Well, I was wrong and I hope to keep going back to Vivi's to sample her other veggie choices. The lunch ran us $17 for two, the portions are very large.

i love this little place - Edit

I always get the vegetarian noodle soup, and it's always so fresh, healthy and yummy. It's clean and quaint, and family owned. The service is great, always friendly. The price is reasonalbe and the portions are good. I order the spring rolls with the soup because I think I'm really hungry, and then I leave with leftovers. When you leave they have a little bowl with the yummiest little candies. I just love this place. There are only about 4 or 5 veg options, so that would be my only complaint. But if you ask I'm sure they will make anything vegan or vegetarian for you.

Pros: fresh, friendly, good value

Return to Hillsboro Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vivi's Vietnamese Noodle House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1083 times since Mar 2011.