Vivanda

Contact 055-2381208

Via Santa Monaca 7/r (at /between Piazza Santo Spirito and Piazza del Carmine), Florence, Italy, 50124

Serves meat, vegan options available. Focus is on organic and biodynamic grown local farm produce. Features Tuscan organic wine. Has Wi-Fi. Open for lunch and dinner.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Organic, Delivery, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by DyannaCsaposs

Great! - Edit

I went there knowing that it was not all vegan/veg and was super happy to find that everything was clearly labeled veg/vegan/not. If I did have questions, a super patient staff was willing to help with the menu.

Food was simple, clean, and flavorful; just how I like it!!

I'm really happy I stumbled across this place while wandering the beautiful streets of Florence.
Updated from previous review on Saturday March 12, 2016

Pros: well labeled menu, great tasting food, super clean

Superb Find, Great Organic Food - Edit

We happened by accident upon this small, boutique restaurant when walking from the market and decided to eat here for dinner. We were extremely happy with the meal. The menu changes from day to day. The wine was also organic and produced by the restaurant. It was extremely good. This is the best restaurant we have dined at in Florence and I thought that about the one we visited last night! This gets our highest recommendation. It is a small venue and it does have a brisk take out business. However this did not detract from the ambiance or excellent service we received. This is a full service restaurant at dinner.

Pros: Chef Owner Very Involved, Organic Locally Sourced Ingredients

Cons: Tiny Space

Terrific Food, Wine, and Service - Edit

My wife and I ate at Vivanda twice during a one-week stay in Florence, because once just wasn't enough. Terrific, inventive dishes in a pleasant atmosphere. We are vegetarian but ate mostly vegan food, of which there was sufficient variety. A bottle of red-blend wine (made by the restaurant owner) was inexpensive and truly wonderful.

Pros: Excellent food, Excellent wine, Helpful staff

Cons: Crowded

Wonderful Dining Experience - Edit

I love that the restaurant food ingredients come from their biodynamic farm. The ingredients are organic as well. We bought their Chianti from their vineyards and it was superb, inexpensive and complimented our meal wonderfully. We had several vegan options and all the courses were creative and made fresh to order. We did not have reservations, but they were very accommodating. The restaurant was small and they were expecting a large group. Since we got there earlier about 7:30. They needed our table at 9 pm. We had plenty of time to enjoy our dinner. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Pros: Biodynamic and Organic, Farm to Table, Affordable and Vegan Options

Lots of vegetarian options - Edit

I went there with my girlfriend yesterday. We initially tried the Libreria Brac, but we hadn't booked in advance, therefore we had to retreat (we'll try again next week).

Then we went for the Bveg, only to find that it's not there anymore (there's a pub instead).

We went to the PopCafe, but you cannot have a proper dinner there.

Eventually, we ended up at the Vivanda, which (unfortunately) is not a vegetarian restaurant, but only serves organic food and wine. There are lots of vegetarian/vegan options (I would say that slightly more than half of the menu is vegetarian).

We decided to have a sort of "tapas" dinner, ordering 4 appetizers and a bottle of Chianti wine (actually, there is a lot of choice, but we went for one that they produce themselves: it was great). The appetizers tasted great (an onion quiche, and broccoli, other veg, and brie croquettes), the bread was good, and we also had a fantastic chocolate cake in the end (with no flour in it).

Very good food, the price is reasonable I guess given that everything is organic (we spent 50 euros in total), the atmosphere is relaxed, the staff is friendly and ready to explain everything.

I'll give it 4 happycows, which is a lot for me given that it's not a 100% vegetarian place! :--)

Pros: Lots of vegetarian choices, Nice atmosphere, Friendly staff

Cons: Need to avoid non-vegetarian dishes

Wonderful! - Edit

Had a lovely lunch today -- a Tuscan soup with farro, borlotti beans and potato, and fresh pasta with vegetables and a parmesan cream sauce. The waitress could not have been nicer, and the food was absolutely delicious. With a glass of house wine, the whole thing came to 24 Euros, which is not cheap but certainly fair.

The menu lists items in Italian and English, and clearly marks vegetarian and vegan options, and it has some interesting options. It's a winner!

Pros: Excellent food, Interesting menu

Cons: Small--probably can only seat 30

Yummy! - Edit

Beautiful resturant. We visited it twice during our stay, one for lunch and once for dinner. We had the set menu for lunch, which was a tomato bruschetta followed by a fresh filling salad and coffee. It was delicious. For dinner I had the fresh pasta and tomato and basil sauce, it was to die for, my husband had a pasta with some jarmon, while the pasta was nice the meat tasted a bit meaty for him. Everything on the menu sounded delicious and the staff spoke English and were friendly and helpful. The resturant has a store right around re corner where they sell fresh pasta (made daily), bread, cheese, sauces and other organic juices and products. They also produce their own wine, the white was nice. They will let you try before you buy. Also my husband still raves about their bio beer. Highly recommend!

Pros: great fresh food, home made, meat for husbands

Cons: relatively small, need to book

Yum! - Edit

This little spot is easy to get to. The staff was friendly and answered all my questions. There are many options for vegetarians, about 1/2 the menu, with several vegan options. The beer and wine list is really interesting and the sparkling rose we had was tasty. All the food we ordered was really great. Full of depth and complimentary flavors. Classic Italian foods, but with new thinking. Since it is a small spot, you may want to make reservations, or enjoy a glass of vino as you wait.

Return to Florence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vivanda closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2641 times since Jun 2011.