Viva Taqueria and Cantina

Contact 607-277-1752

101 N Aurora St (at E Seneca St), Ithaca, New York, USA, 14850

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican restaurant with many vegan options - please visit website or ask your server. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Fast food, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by DaisytheHedgehog

Great options and portions! - Edit

We've been here several times and have never been disappointed. We always get the vegan nachos and chips with guacamole. Their guac is amazing. My kids had enchiladas, my husband and I had vegan burritos. The portions are more than enough and we always leave stuffed. The last time we were there however, my 9 year old ordered vegan fajitas and loved them. We went back the next night because Pizza Aroma was closed, and we had a different server. He ordered the fajitas and she said they weren't vegan. Turns out they use the same grill for their meat and veggies so she said they can't be vegan and the other server misinformed us. My son was so upset because he couldn't get them again. He got the enchiladas and it all turned out fine, but he was really disappointed. I would still definitely go back though!
Updated from previous review on Friday October 25, 2013

October 2014 update...still awesome! We all ordered the vegan burrito and nachos. Definitely one of our favorite spots!!

Pros: cool atmosphere, great portion size

Great vegan options, creative menu - Edit

Several vegan options, all very clearly labeled on the menu! I had the vegan enchiladas with mole sauce, refried beans, black beans, guac, and pickled vegetables... delicious! Lots of food for a good price.

More inventive and interesting than the food at your typical Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurant. Huge selection of house-made sauces, almost all of them vegan.

Quick service and very friendly wait staff, willing to answer questions and even provided a sample of the mole sauce so we could judge its level of spiciness.

Outdoor seating was very nice on a lovely day! Perfect downtown location despite the lack of free parking.

Pros: creative menu, great sauces, good value

LOVE IT - Edit

Not only does Viva have the some of the best and tastiest vegan selections in Ithaca, but almost any menu item can be made vegan -- and the waitstaff will do it happily and eagerly! Also: inexpensive. Also: great drinks. Also: fast, efficient, friendly service. The only downside is that it can be crowded and loud -- so loud it's hard to have a conversation with more than one person.

Pros: Tasty food, Quick service, Inexpensive

Cons: Loud at times

Return to Ithaca Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Viva Taqueria and Cantina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1590 times since Dec 2011.