Viva

Contact 253-503-6498

2602 N Proctor St (at Proctor District), Tacoma, Washington, USA, 98407

Opened since 2014, this vegan restaurant serves both raw food as well cooked dishes. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, juices, smoothies, and cakes. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-8:00pm, Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat 9:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican

First Review by Tigress464

Decent food, wonderful staff, nice atmosphere - Edit

GREAT to have an all vegan option right there in Tacoma! Menu is creative - our appetizers were good but our entrees were on the bland side. Wonderful art around the restaurant.

Pros: Very friendly staff, Beautiful (apparently local?) art

Cons: Somewhat bland food

Tiny place, big flavour - Edit

The restaurant is tiny & informal. Decor is vaguely hippyish, with cheerful South American music playing softly in the background.

Our waiter was Joe, who memorised 6 entrees (American for main meals) & drinks without writing any of it down, & was unfailingly friendly, cheerful, & helpful.

The good was exceptionally good. From American comfort food like macaroni cheese to the taco special, it was all gorgeous to look at & sheer joy to eat. Filling without being heavy or over-facing, healthy, beautifully presented, & a incredibly tasty - & very affordable.

The restaurant would not be suitable for wheelchair users as the shared building door doesn't stand open or have an automatic mechanism, & space inside is limited. It's the only down side to an otherwise brilliant little gem of a place.

If you're in the vicinity, it's a must.

Pros: Exquisite good, Friendly, helpful staff, Relaxed atmosphere

Cons: Not wheelchair friendly, Shared building entrance slightly confusing, Shared building bathroom requires a code to enter

Worth a journey - Edit

I’ve been there two times meanwhile. The menu is not this long, but the quality of the food – like the burger or Mac’n’cheese – is very good. I strongly recommend the chocolate ice cream. And beware of the daily specials.

The restaurant is small, and sometimes a lot of traffic as the Viva is a take-out as well. Haven’t tried it, but they offer pizza as well.

Maybe a little bit expensive, but it's really value for money.

Helpful and friendly staff, quick service.

Pros: Quality, The chocolate ice cream

Cons: Size of the restaurant

A good stop on the way to Owen Beach - Edit

On my trip from Portland to Seattle, I was looking for a good place to grab lunch before heading to Owen Beach. We stopped at Viva, and we had a terrific experience. The waitress was friendly and attentive, and she helpfully recommended her favorite item - cauliflower wings. We gave them a try, and they were really tasty! We also had the special pizza of the day, and it was delicious and ample size to feed my teenage daughter and I, with some left over. We ogled the dessert counter on the way out, and the chef happened to be checking something - and he gave us a peanut butter cup, since he needed to make a fresh batch. It was a delicious sweet treat, and a nice experience all around!

Pros: Good food, Ample portions, Friendly staff

Cons: Nothing detracted from our experience!

Vegan Food Bliss! - Edit

We stopped for lunch, and we were amazed at the quality of plant-based food served at this restaurant. We had the mushroom and tofu tacos (3 which were good sized) and the "burger" served on onion bread and came with a side of kale chips. The food was wonderful! Not only did the chef create dishes with exceptional flavor, there was the right portion size and the presentation was great. We will definitely be back!!

Pros: Many food options, Great flavor, Friendly staff

Cons: Small cafe, limited seating

Great Entree - Edit

Just tried Viva and wish I had gone sooner. Will definitely be back. Awesome mac and cheese and also tofu/portabello mushroom and tofu tacos. Generous servings and actually took some home to share with my husband. The place was full at lunch time and looked like people were coming in to get take out as well. Also sells some kale chips to go--things like that. Glad to have them in T-town.

Another great addition to Tacoma - Edit

I first went to Viva a few days after it opened and have been back several times since then. It is great to have a new all-vegan restaurant in town. i
The menu is about 60-70% raw which is great. I do like the option of a few non-raw options to complement the meal (such as the mac cheese).
The space is small and most of the times I have visited, it has been packed which is great. I really hope it continues to thrive and if they do expand beyond their current location, I hope they stay very close to the area.

I have had most of the menu items at this point and everything has been great. Viva also occasionally offer items like a vegan pizza but I have yet to try it.
I always leave Viva feeling like I just ate well.

Pros: Great food, healthy food, Great area location

Return to Tacoma Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Viva closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.