Vitto Pitagorico

Contact +39-0815492663

Via Pessina 55, Naples, Italy,

A vegetarian cucina/pizzeria, with a large dining area, is located in the old town of Naples, across the street from the National Archaeological Museum. Self-describes as raw, vegan, vegetarian restaurant and has a selection of all three for main dishes. Open Mon-Sun 12:30pm-3:30pm, Mon-Sun 7:30pm-11:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Italian, Raw, Take-out

First Review by IonaLinford

The best Italian restaurnat so far - Edit

TL;DR just go there :)

We were a bit tired of pizza, and were looking for a place to eat pasta for lunch. Luckily, HappyCow directed us to this perfect place. We had the Vesuvius, the Sicilian, a salad, and an avocado chocolate raw dessert (all vegan, of course). Everything was just perfect (in my opinion the Vesuvius especially), and made with top quality ingredients, like home made cashew cheese rather than processed vegan cheese.

All the pasta dishes and all the desserts are vegan!

The service was very friendly and helpful, and the entire atmosphere was just very pleasant. This place caters everyone; It doesn't have the "only vegetarians/vegans" vibe which other veggie places sometimes have.

Pros: Great food. , Great materials., Friendly staff.

Can do better - Edit

There are 4 pasta dishes on the menu and some salads, the rest is pizza. The menu nicely lists the vegetarian and the vegan pizza variants (honestly it's always two version of the same thing, once with milk-based cheese and once with vegan cheese).
We had two appetisers and a vegan pizza. The appetisers were alright, nothing to get too excited about. The pizza was rather disappointing, especially the vegan cheese. The consistency was so-so, it had some melt to it at least. The flavour was not outright bad but not good either. Since there was quite a lot of it on the pizza it wasn't the greatest experience. Pretty surprising, since half of their menu is vegan cheese pizza.

Service could definitely improve. The soup came without spoon - we were told it fell down on the way. Alright, but they didn't bring us another one... Also one item I ordered did not arrive. I ordered it again. It never came.

Pros: Convenient location

Cons: Vegan pizza quite bad, Service inattentive

Vitto Pitagorico - Edit

Welcoming, spacious and trendy eatery vis-à-vis the Archeological Museum.
First of all, Naples may very well fell blessed to have a restaurant like Vitto Pitagorico within its limits - these guys are providing excellent high-quality food and they are serious about what they are doing.
I had dinner there three times within the last few days. All in all I tried three different pizzas and two different desserts. So there are non-vegan and vegan (with vegan cheese) pizzas; also you can choose a special dough (1,5€ extra) - especially turmeric tasted very interesting. The good things are that you don't have to wait for long, they make your order very quickly, quite impressive in fact; the dough was excellent and the topping were fresh and tasty (nine times out of ten) but the vegan cheese was somewhat disappointing. Is wasn't downright bad, just pretty bland and artificial. It's a pity, really.
Desserts were small but superb and creative.
The venue is very clean and posh. Cutlery, plates, glasses all clean as a whistle, it was a boon.
Service was very good, except for one incident: As soon as I paid the bill the waitress quickly snatched my (full) espresso away without asking whatsoever.
For a nice dinner go to Vitto Pitagorico, it rocks!
However, it is a bit on the expensive side to be honest. Beyond the so-so vegan cheese is was a bit odd they don't give you any spices, oils and so on. I'm sure they would have, if I had asked, but anyway, usually that belongs on the table no matter what. Although they don't provide sharp knives for the pizza the once they have were only just sufficient to cut them. Finally, I find it a bit concerning how many napkins they are using - there must be another, equally elegant but environmentally friendlier way.
Very, very recommended, but there is still some room for improvement!

Pros: excellent, yummy food, commited staff/mange, clean and convenient

Cons: disappointing vegan cheese, no spices on the table

Real Delight - Edit

We accidentally discovered this restaurant after visiting the Archaeological Museum, and I'm very glad we did so. The restaurant is beautiful, the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, and the food is both delicious and reasonably priced. We enjoyed a selection of their raw entrées, which our non-vegan friends loved too, followed by some delicious pizza and dessert. While the food is generally Italian each dish has an unusual spin which makes it unlike the food you'll find elsewhere.

Pros: Great food, reasonably priced, Wonderful staff, Beautiful setting

Top experience! - Edit

I wish more vegan restaurants in Italy were like this! Great atmosphere, variety of vegan options, inventive dishes, beautiful presentation, fresh and healthy ingredients, and excellent taste! I was thoroughly impressed - the dishes would impress anyone vegan, vegetarian or omnivore. It’s quite popular as well and staff are very friendly. English and Italian language menus available and the staff were friendly and fluent in both languages.

They have many raw vegan dishes and cooked pasta and pizza dishes (and amazing roasted beet and roasted pumpkin hummus). There are several raw desserts and one cooked one.

I went for dinner there twice and had a folded pizza, hummus, salad, pasta and a dessert. Everything was excellent. Do yourself a favour and eat here!

Improvements: They also have salads, and while they are delicious, they are priced as meals, but are not filling (very low calorie ingredients). Thus they should consider adding more carbs and proteins (nuts, seeds, grains, etc) to their salads or make them side dish appetiser sized. The pasta dish I had was delicious, but the portion was too small to be filling. If you are hungry, the pizzas (vegan cheese available) will fill you up! Also the hummus! Dessert portions are also small for their price.

Pros: Beautiful presentation, Excellent taste, Fresh ingredients

Cons: Wifi available but very slow., Salads are not filling., Pasta portions are on small side.

Amazing Pizza - Edit

Last time I came to Napoli I ate cheese so I was distraught at the thought of not getting to have a Napoli margherita (best in the world) but luckily we stumbled across this gem! Had the most amazing vegan cheese margherita at amazing value (€4 odd). The restaurant itself is really cool and the staff are so friendly.

Pros: Amazing pizza!! (With Vegan cheese!), Good value, Lovely staff

Return to Naples Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vitto Pitagorico closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 694 times since Apr 2016.