First Review by Amy99

OVER PRICED BUT EXTENSIVE SUPPLY - Edit

Wish the manager would stop raising prices so much but must say the selection is extensive, particularly for those who are gluten intolerant. Only place to find soy yogurt, and other specialty items although, Super One has some of the baking items I need. Amazing!

Pros: good selection, amazing literature supply, helpful staff

Cons: over priced, produce rotten, no more organic cat toys

A ray of sunshine - Edit

Being a vegetarian in Lafayette is hard. A couple months after moving here, I had a mini-breakdown in the regular big name grocery store becuase they didn't have the vegetarian chili mix that I have found in regular grocery stores in every other city I've lived in. I'd given up hope of finding veggie hot dogs (a taste I'd recently acquired). So the next week I decided to seek out Vitamins Plus. It does not look promising from the outside. Vitamins Plus is simply one corner of a low-budget drugstore. As you go towards it, the first thing you see is big jars of vitamins and supplements (as the name suggests). But if you get past all that, you will find a havens for veg*ns and lovers of natural and organic food. Perusing the isles reminded me of the co-op I used to shop at in my old town (but in a decidedly less hip setting). I found my vegetarian chili mix, two different brands of veggie dogs, and several other types of vegan meat and dairy products, as well as plenty of other fantastic products. I almost cried out of happiness the first time I walked up and down those aisles. If you are a distraught veg*n exiled in Lafayette Louisiana, you MUST visit Vitamins Plus.

Pros: vegan meat products, great selction of veggie products, great selction of organic products

Cons: location

Return to Lafayette Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vitamins Plus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.