First Review by

I love Vitamin City, but... - Edit

I love this store, but keep a watchful eye when they are ringing up your groceries. The older caucasion woman charged me twice for the same tub of macadamia nuts & I had to stand in a long line to get her to correct it on the receipt. Another visit, same woman tacked on an extra $100 to my order, but after I showed it to her, she corrected it. When she gave me change, she shorted me by 1 penny, but because it was just 1 cent, I didn't make a deal of it. Because they don't scan items and use a sophisticated Point of Sale system, human error can occur. Just keep an open eye out for mishaps like that.

Pros: great food, farmers deliver daily, friendly people work there

Cons: no point of sale system used, human error can occur at register, be watchful of charges

FABULOUS!! - Edit

THEY HAVE EVERYTHING U NEED TO EAT HEALTHY! THEY'RE STOCKED AND HAVE A GREAT STAFF. CLOSEST PLACE TO GET FOOD FOR ME. AMAZING PRODUCE. MUST GO! HEALTHY DELICIOUSNESS LOL.

Pros: HEALTHY FOOD IN ALL CATEGORIES, CLOSE BY, ONLY STORE LOCAL

Cons: LITTLE EXPENSIVE , I WANT TO BUY EVERYTHING, NO SHADY PARKING LOL

worse experiences in my life - Edit

I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED THAT BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR WHOLE MY LIFE.The employees there are not helpful. THEY DO NOT CARE AND REFUSE TO HELP YOU. At that store, you can not return your merchandise anytime you want. Instead, you have to depend on the manager's schedule other wise you have to wait 30m or 1 hour when he come back from lunch time or have to be back. No mater how far you live from store or how inconvenient you are when you have to go back, you can not return your merchandise if their manager is not there because the manager does not trust his employees to do it (according to the employee). Even though you tried so hard to tell his employees to give him a call to explain your situation to see what he can do to help you and even you told the employee that "it doesn't hurt her if she give her manager a call" , what you got back was "I am sorry, I can not give him a call, you have to be back" (SPECIALLY YOU HAVE TO TRY TO MEET HIS SCHEDULE WHEN YOU COME BACK OTHERWISE YOU HAVE TO GO HOME FOR NOTHING). My recommendation is "NEVER AND NEVER GO TO THAT STORE AGAIN UNLESS YOU WANT TO HAVE THE FRUSTRATED EXPERIENCES LIKE I DID"
p/s: when i told the employee that i will write very bad review about store t=and she told me with careless tone that" IT'S FINE"

Very special place - Edit

There is no place else like Vitamin City. Yes, it is crowded, yes it is hard to navigate. But the selection and prices are unusual. You will never find this elsewhere in SoCal. There are really no other choices for people who choose to be organic and vegan. This is it in our area and are we lucky to have this store! I find the workers friendly, extremely helpful and enthusiastic. They work very hard because this store is busy. Yes, there are other stores, but they are far away and expensive and are also chains, not locally owned like VC. It is always good to support local small businesses that offer alternatives to the corporate takeover of our country.

Vitamin City - Edit

I went to this place because my friend recommended it. I called for the hours and the kid who answered was so snotty, I vowed I'd never go. Well, I finally did and was not impressed. The aisles are very crowded, and since the open hours are limited, why did they have to have people restocking the shelves when the place was open? Very unpleasant, plus the staff was not friendly and several made inappropriate comments about other customers. If you can stand poor service and the horrible atmosphere, I guess they do have a decent selection of things that might be hard to get elsewhere. I much prefer Sprouts in Claremont.

My Favorite Shopping Place - Edit

I LOVE this place! Living in suburbia, 20 miles away from OC LA and Pasadena, all the major areas that have great health food stores. This place is great for those of you (like me) tucked away in the SGValley/Inland Empire.
This place has local organic produce, at amazing prices. As a vegan I cannot find many frozen foods, mock meats, and soy cheeses (without casein) But this place has it all. They even carry a great selection of vegan cookies and ice cream. I highly recommend this place; and with the friendlist of staffs around you will NOT be disappointed

Pros: many VEGAN products, Great prices-Friendly Staff, locally grown produce

Cons: Small space, Checking out kind of slow, There's not 1 in every city

Love it - Edit

I love Vitamin City! ... They have a great selection.. decent prices.. the store is a little crammed.. but can't blame them... Good alternative to the expensive-posh Whole Foods... better selection than Trader Joes..

Pros: Great Selection, Decent Prices

Cons: Small Store, Little unoraganized

Return to San Dimas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vitamin City closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2348 times since Aug 2007.